Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 77532 times)

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #585 on: June 11, 2018, 06:32:03 AM »
Spent last week in New Mexico with my son and his family.   I thought I would get lots of shooting in over 6 days.   Not so... I fired a total of 15 rounds.  I expected to shoot 1000 rounds or more.   The ranch had a record setting dry winter and spring.  No measurable moisture since February.    A stage 3 fire ban is in effect which prohibits target shooting.   The ban doesn't include private land but I'm not willing to take the risk, especially with black powder guns.   There is nowhere to shoot without standing among the dried vegetation.   I was disappointed to say the least.

Yeah all the trails are closed around here, even for hiking, let alone shooting.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 16, 2018, 12:10:02 PM »
Rain the past 2 days in Southern Arizona..... really made things nice. Went from over 100 to around 70.
-Mick

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 18, 2018, 05:58:36 PM »
And is on the way back up.

Just ordered some new plants for the pond.

Hornwort - Ceratophyllum Demersum, which is supposed to oxygenate the water, as well as helping to deal with algae.

Dwarf Bulrush - Typha minima

Royal Pickerel Rush - pontederia Dilatata

They should arrive by Thursday.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 21, 2018, 05:01:21 PM »
Had the best day in a long time. Despite the fact that I had to spend the day in Phoenix heat and traffic. Talked to someone who knows my ex and her current husband (the guy she was cheating on me with.) Apparently, she quit working and sits around eating. She is, according to them, roughly the size of a killer whale. And her husband - the guy she was cheating on me with - is taking hormones so he can become a woman.

Offline sltm1

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 22, 2018, 08:23:38 AM »
EM, ain't it cool when you actually get to see karma work ?!

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 22, 2018, 10:14:11 AM »
I love it...

Offline mazo kid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 03, 2018, 02:20:36 PM »
I don't wish people ill, but ain't it nice to see the retribution??!! I'm so glad I found a loving, caring woman.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 09, 2018, 06:20:56 AM »
Grabbing the buttermilk instead of the half and half to pour in your coffee is a serious mistake...

Offline Dave Shooter

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 09, 2018, 07:11:10 AM »
Grabbing the buttermilk instead of the half and half to pour in your coffee is a serious mistake...

One of the reasons I drink mine black.   :)
Happily Retired USAF ossifer
Engineer?
Shooter of questionable skill...
Unabashed patriot!

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 17, 2018, 07:51:42 PM »
I think I finally have enough light on my work bench...

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 18, 2018, 12:11:40 PM »
Where does the little staircase go???? (jh
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 18, 2018, 04:53:16 PM »
To the little door.

Offline valforgettaboutit

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 19, 2018, 10:04:07 AM »
Nice workbench EM. You could build yourself a miniature Winchester House with those staircases.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 27, 2018, 03:43:08 PM »
Saw one of those bizarre sights on the way to town this morning. Passing through a small rural town on the way tot he big city, I spotted a pick-up waiting to pull out onto the highway. The driver was Jesus. Long hair, beard, mustache and a crown of thorns on his head. From what I could see, he was wearing what appeared to be white robes. And he had a very large wooden cross in the back of the truck...

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 28, 2018, 08:46:23 AM »
My good friend Suzanne who owns the cigar shop on Allen Street in Tombstone had her final interview and site evaluation for her FFL. She passed with flying colors. She'll be able to place her first wholesale order for BP revolvers in just a few weeks. She has an employee that is a a gunsmith and sold guns for many years. He's extremely knowledgeable and a great guy. Looking forward to buying guns with somebody else's money for a change. Now I just need to figure out a way to have some of them follow me home.... )L$

Last weekend was the yearly Cigar Retailers show in Las Vegas.....met some great people and smoked WAY too many great cigars....also made it home with a giant bag full. We dress in period costume for the event and it seems we get stopped about every 5 minutes so people can have their picture take with us as well as private party invitations. As usual, it was a freaking incredible time. Here is Suzanne with Glen Case, the president of Kristoff Cigars.

Since SW Airlines lost my luggage (it never did show up) with all of my very best cowboy regalia, I got to be the photographer. Wait until they get my bill! I'm glad I kept receipts for almost everything. Most items are irreplaceable....custom made stuff that I've had for years. Nothing looks more out of place than a period cowboy in brand new store bought clothes. Needless to say....I'm heart-broken over the entire thing.
-Mick