colt banner

Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 88369 times)

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #675 on: February 22, 2019, 06:39:51 PM »
The drive over to town. And this in Arizona!

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 23, 2019, 07:56:16 AM »
Hi Electric, here in Western New York I needed to snowblow the driveway 3 times last year. This winter I have already snowblowed the driveway 14 times and its not yet over. This has been a nasty winter for sure. Global warming, BS!

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 25, 2019, 05:43:20 PM »
Today I have been sitting by the fire fondling guns  watching the snow fall.
Decided I have better go plow snow before it get to deep. Currently -6 below zero F, wind blowing and have had nearly a foot of new powder today.
Back inside now where it is nice and warm, reading about black powder guns.  L@.
I Love the Smell of Burning Black in the Morning

Offline Len

• Bloody foreigner
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 08, 2019, 01:08:57 PM »
Out with the dogs in the pastures next to my plot. New trail of wild boars, at least 4, maybe 5, coming through and then crossing over to my patch. Easy to track in the snow. These creatures breed like mice, 3 litters a year, and are about to become a real nuisance. The surrounding woods are thoroughly plowed up. So why don't we shoot them? There are no restrictions, no hunting season.
You have to sit through the night to ambush them. Then you have to take care of the kill. There's no market for the meat (radioactivity too high, cesium 137 from the Russian Chernobyl reactor downfall 1986, they dig it up). If recovered you have to send meat samples in for checking for trichines. Then you have to have the carcasses disposed of (you need an excavator) or pay for destruction. When all that is taken care of, you shall have to crawl to work in the morning.

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 08, 2019, 02:15:53 PM »
Those boars must be a pia!!  One of these days after they have destroyed everything, the Fish and Game or what ever they call them will decide they need to do a study. Of course after 10 plus years and spending an absolute fortune they just might agree to let folks just blast away!!

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 09, 2019, 01:25:14 PM »
Last load of laundry in the washer. Pork shoulder and brisket ready to wrap. waders fit. Initial cleaning down on pond. The pond vacuum is supposed to be here next Friday. The small aerator is working. I though it might have died, but it was a kinked air hose. I have the tank for the sump. Need to get it set up. Then I can order the water irises and other plants to go into it. I still need to clean the parrot cages, and season the prime rib for tomorrow.

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 09, 2019, 05:36:21 PM »
Met with some of my BP shooting friends. To much snow to get to our range. Later came home and did some preventive maintance on my 2 cannons. One is a .50 caliber and the other is a .75 caliber Parrot rifle.

Been trying to talk my bride into letting me get a Mountain Howitzer but still not having much cooperation..... J*j

Offline Len

• Bloody foreigner
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 11, 2019, 02:19:46 PM »
A late winter's day in early Mars. Layer of snow, around 15*F and sunny (sun in the face). Took the 58 Remi out and created some smelly smoke from 25 meters ( 28 yrds). Got all rounds but one into the target torso, but I found the grouping disappointingly wide.
Will have to do some work on that sear. Pull is too hard.

Didn't dare to post this on the Remi Forum, but I usually do better with the Colt Navy and the Manhattan Navy. The Manhattan is a very nice shooter.

Offline mazo kid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 13, 2019, 05:31:50 PM »
Finally got a chance to replace the battery in our stand-by generator. It's been too cold and then windy, rainy lately. What should have been a 10 minute job start to finish ended up taking an hour and a half on these achy joints. The battery was 1/4" too wide to just slide out. I know I've had it out a couple of times, but darned if I could recall how I did it! Anyway, it's in and functional!

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 14, 2019, 03:03:12 AM »
Loaded up two boxes of 44 magnum
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"