colt banner

Author Topic: Walker Pics  (Read 4518 times)

Online scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Walker Pics
« on: November 29, 2014, 09:51:50 PM »
Had this one out two days ago. Typical Uberti that has had the exterior redone by myself. It shoots damn good. Popped some gongs and random rocks. Here are the most recent pics of it.

There is six rounds in there. I give you my word.

I just love my M. Johnson rig. You served me well Mike!!!!! Have worn it twice so far on extended hikes. Those that whine about the Walker being too heavy would not do so well running the hills with me  :)

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
Re: Walker Pics
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 10:33:36 PM »
Ahhh...as usual, your pix do not disappoint, Scoob!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 05:37:42 AM »
Nice to hear from you Scooby.   The rig looks great with the antique finished revolver.  A few more trips in the woods and the leather will take on a patina to match the gun.   Thanks for the pics and the good words.

Offline DoubleDeuce1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 04:39:17 PM »
Very nice looking Walker and leather! 8)

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 08:39:39 PM »
Scooby  --  I've just come from appreciating (again) pictures of your Uberti '51... and now this.  Outstanding !  May be the best Walker photos ever.

My two sons and a couple of their pals (C&B shooters all) are here visiting me for the evening.  They have seen your photos and have asked that I relay you this on their behalf as well as my own.

Beyond well done sir.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 08:42:55 PM by G Dog »
Schlong NIKE, bigly...

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 09:24:38 PM »
Very nice. I have to get mine out to the range, even though my rig is not nearly as nice as yours.

Online scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 04:09:35 PM »
Scooby  --  I've just come from appreciating (again) pictures of your Uberti '51... and now this.  Outstanding !  May be the best Walker photos ever.

My two sons and a couple of their pals (C&B shooters all) are here visiting me for the evening.  They have seen your photos and have asked that I relay you this on their behalf as well as my own.

Beyond well done sir.

I do not take such a compliment lightly G Dog. It means a lot to me to read your words. I extend my thanks.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 09:51:43 PM »
G, you will soon find NOBODY takes better pictures than Scooby. Nobody. )lI
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline mazo kid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 06:35:14 AM »
Scooby, would you care to elaborate on your method of refinishing your Walker? Thanks.

Online scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 08:06:34 PM »
You bet Mazo. I stripped all of the blue and case coloring on every part, including the screws with BC rust remover. It works super slick and fast. I then buffed everything back with 400 grit paper (except for the cylinder ). The cylinder was buffed with 00 steel whool and left in the white as were the originals. The purpose of the 400 grit is to proivide a sruface that will allow cold blue to "stick" to it. I then blued all of the remaining metal with Birchwood Casy Super blue. Afterwards, I buffed the cold blue back with 0000 steel wool.

I also stripped the varnish from the grip and refinished it with a linseed based stock oil.

The appearance that you see in the pics is a bit more worn now from handling and use than it was when I first refinished it. The back strap and sharp edges are especially worn back.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 06:49:21 AM by scooby »

Online scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 09:54:14 PM »
For what it is worth, I found this old pic that was taken right after I refinished it.

Offline mazo kid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 09:17:34 AM »
Thanks Scoob!! I have a new Uberti 2nd model Dragoon that I could refinish like that. Several years ago we were at a rendezvous for 5 days, came home to find the supply line to the toilet tank (upstairs, of course!) had a cracked fitting, water dripping everywhere.....ceilings were down on first floor in the old part of the house, water continuing on down into the basement. Where the water sat on blued surfaces of guns, the bluing lifted off. The Dragoon was in a drawer but still got wet. I don't know if it was water, or water with drywall plaster that did the damage. At least if I refinished the gun(s) it would have a uniform look, rather than a patched up cold blue finish.

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• SASS #105711
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 06:11:46 PM »
so, the uberti cylinder fit perfectly on my ASM colt address!, apparently, ASM contracted uberti among others, to make walker frames, parts etc... at least thats what the guy down at taylor's told me, soooo

my asm colt address IS a uberti too?!?!?!?! SAHWEET!!!!

next step, ream the cylinder to take .460 brass and load up some .45BPM rounds!!!!
l
l_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
  JEEP OWNER!

Offline ehvhram

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 05:26:39 PM »
suzukibruce ,  I have a ASM and Uberti walkers and I recently tried swaping my barrel and cylinders up with each other and was surprised they both fit and worked. I did not know the parts would interchange.

Offline HAWKEN50

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 04:38:19 AM »
 (7+"  That  snubby Walker is saweeet suzukibruce .