colt banner

Author Topic: Pedersoli SXS  (Read 2777 times)

Online Hawg

• View Profile
Pedersoli SXS
« on: March 24, 2016, 09:32:29 PM »
Pedersoli SXS 12 gauge.

I bought it used. I forget the date code but it's an older one. Bluing is gone from the locks and tang and it has some very light pitting around the breech.

It is very light and handles and feels almost exactly like my original Ancion. I'll have to get some better pics of it and post it one of these days.

My load is 80 grains of powder and an equal amount of shot with homemade wads and cards. I had a few .69 balls and with them and 100 grains of powder it is a force to be reckoned with.

That's four .680 balls and a .530 ball in the middle.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
Re: Pedersoli SXS
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 06:45:46 AM »
I would love to add a BP double someday! Beautiful gun, Hawg!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Online Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 07:20:36 AM »
Thanks

Offline Bishop Creek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 06:10:33 PM »
Nice Hawg! Always wanted one of those even though I have owned two double barrel hammer guns and an Ithica double, all were cartridge guns. Something about a black powder double front stuffer that really appeals to me.

Online Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 06:28:38 PM »
I think I have 5 double cartridge guns. A couple of Stevens, a Riverside, a Lancaster with hammers and an L.C. Smith

Offline scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 05:37:04 AM »
One of my friends has a couple of those Pedersoli doubles. I have held them many times. They are nice shot guns. One of his is a 10 gauge.

Like Bishop and Kirk, I always kind of wanted a good double percussion. I do have the old Belgium made one. It is well worn with not a bit of original finish.

Next time I come across an older Pedersoli like yours, I will likely grab it up.

Online Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 08:14:18 AM »
One of my friends has a couple of those Pedersoli doubles. I have held them many times. They are nice shot guns. One of his is a 10 gauge.

Like Bishop and Kirk, I always kind of wanted a good double percussion. I do have the old Belgium made one. It is well worn with not a bit of original finish.

Next time I come across an older Pedersoli like yours, I will likely grab it up.

You've probably handled mine before. I think Kevin had it before I got it.

Offline sltm1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 09:02:01 AM »
I always wanted one of those, nice looking long gun!!

Offline scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 10:47:51 AM »
I never did go over that way and meet any of those fellers at the gatherings Hawg.

Years back, there was one floating around the rendezvous scene. It came up for sale two times and was bought by new owners. It was very nice looking, in outstanding shape, and the engraving was well done. And since it was an early version, it was the good type with non chromed barrels and un-choked. I thought about it backbthen, but did not think hard enough.

Online Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 05:08:15 PM »
I never did go over that way and meet any of those fellers at the gatherings Hawg.

Years back, there was one floating around the rendezvous scene. It came up for sale two times and was bought by new owners. It was very nice looking, in outstanding shape, and the engraving was well done. And since it was an early version, it was the good type with non chromed barrels and un-choked. I thought about it backbthen, but did not think hard enough.

This is probably it. I bought it from Indy about 5 or 6 years ago. It doesn't have chrome bores and is cylinder bore.

Offline toot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 06:12:03 AM »
shooting the muzzle loaders is a blast!! pardon the pun!