Author Topic: Where is that revolver??  (Read 2360 times)

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.com
Re: Where is that revolver??
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2016, 11:45:51 AM »
Sorry Richard but no.   The lining on the holsters I made for you have only a wax coating on them that will not hurt the finish.   After some use the wax is gone,  as stated earlier the biggest risk is moisture.   The bare leather will absorb moisture from the air and the revolver may rust.  It's a good chance in your part of the country the leather will absorb moisture from atmosphere.    I don't recommend anyone store their firearms in a leather holster.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 10:43:21 AM »
Hi, the new labels came in yesterday. I did a test run putting some of my revolvers info into a word processor and cut out the handgun descriptions for insertion into the new labels. This is the first batch:

I still have a number more to do and include my modern handguns that are also in muffs. I won't make labels for my display revolvers since I know what they are:

Now to get back to the word processor.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 09:03:02 AM »
Hi, the label job is finished. However, a number of my muffs are old and crappy looking, some even have a vinyl exterior. A while back Mike sent me a muff with the 1851 he sold me, Ace Case #A3B. I was so impressed with that muff that I ordered five more. Today I ordered another six to replace some more of the crap muffs. That size muff will not fit 1858s or 1860s, the Midway muffs I have for those sized revolvers are working well. When I install a new muff, I spray lots of Ballistol on the inside before putting in the revolver.

This is the internet site for Ace Case:
https://acecase.com/

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2016, 11:25:54 AM »
Hi, after having the tags on my revolvers in the gun safe, I must report that this method of labeling them has worked out very well. No more fishing through the muffs to find the revolver I want to remove from the safe. The tags were a very good decision, highly recommended.

Regards,
Richard