Author Topic: Project gun  (Read 2230 times)

Online Hawg

• View Profile
Re: Project gun
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 11:25:31 AM »
We will need to see pictures in the appropriate thread.....you know the rules! L@J

RULES? We don't need no steenkin rules!!! *6'

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 11:33:07 AM »
Hi mazo, I sure admire your effort trying to resurrect abused firearms. However, there are times when the steel used in neglected firearms needs to be recycled to razor blades. Even new BP firearms need attention to have them become accurate and reliable guns. That's the path I travel and always recommend grieving for firearms abused and returning the abused firearms to a more appropriate condition, scrap metal.

While I enjoy and celebrate your efforts, there are however other paths to take.

Regards,
Richard
Thereís nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Online Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 12:52:58 PM »
Hi mazo, I sure admire your effort trying to resurrect abused firearms. However, there are times when the steel used in neglected firearms needs to be recycled to razor blades. Even new BP firearms need attention to have them become accurate and reliable guns. That's the path I travel and always recommend grieving for firearms abused and returning the abused firearms to a more appropriate condition, scrap metal.

While I enjoy and celebrate your efforts, there are however other paths to take.

Regards,
Richard

BLASPHEMY!!!!   *9+

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2016, 10:54:30 PM »
BLASPHEMY!!!!   *9+
Close to it.

If the price were right, a piece would have to be pretty far gone before Iíd turn it down.  Mazo may just bring that little number back to life. 

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2016, 05:24:29 AM »
Richard, I disagree. Returning a 'Lazarus' firearm to working condition (for some of us) is darn near a religious experience, especially WRT an older, less popular model.
 )lI
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2016, 10:06:02 AM »

Regards,
Richard

Hi, Satan made me say that, I may need an exorcism.  )H^ )H^ )H^

Regards,
Richard
Thereís nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2016, 12:05:46 PM »
You are freely forgiven ssb, neither do we condemn you.  Now go and sin no more.

Mazo may not walk on water or turn water into good wine but Iíll bet he resurrects that old í51.  The very worst case scenario is that it makes a fine paper weight.  Ya canít have too many nice paper weights.  Besides, the thing could wind up shootin.