colt banner

Author Topic: IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!  (Read 5199 times)

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 11:26:31 AM »
When Mike Beleview(Sp) (duelist1954) was lamenting the problems he was having at his local range I suggested to him to buy some rural land to set up a range. He did, Duelist Den. IMO he will never look back. There is no more land being created where an investment in land will never depreciate. Maybe it's time for you to take that path?

Regards,
Richard

I've thought of it, not only for shooting my beloved BP guns, but for bowhunting as well. Problem is, I'm living in a hotbed of progressive liberals who think guns are bad and create evil noise pollution (north Chicago suburbs) and land around here is...well, outrageous. Sooner or later I will find a comfortable solution, but for now, the conversion cylinder thing is starting to look mighty tempting.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 11:28:35 AM »
Hi Kirk, one additional comment on buying land for a range. Hilly land perfect for a range is usually dirt cheap because it can't be easily farmed or used for housing. Talking to your local real estate people cost nothing.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline 45 Dragoon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2016, 11:28:56 AM »
Cap.!!
Would be glad to!!
 You'll absolutely love it!!   THAT, will be the favorite!!   (Promise!!)

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @ goonsgunworks
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 11:30:49 AM by 45 Dragoon »

Offline 45 Dragoon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2016, 11:35:40 AM »
Look closely up there for some "cheap" land.

I was/am  a real estate investor for 20 years and believe me, (since what happened), there's still plenty of "depreciated" land available!! Any investment goes both ways, some more than others.

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com

Offline sourdough

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2016, 01:36:15 PM »
Very nice, Cap! As an absolute sucker for SB TG's, and it would be very easy to use for any re-enactor to pass with that pistol. That is just about perfect! Mike always seems to be busy with many, many of our repros to get them perfect. I like the fact that he has so much knowledge and so many skills, yet he is not full of himself and is willing to admit that he learns something new many times, as he posted below.

That's definitely a Dragoon with a lifetime of character!!

Thanks for the accolades Cap!! When you asked what I did to it I forgot the most important thing !!!
The ASM bolt was worn far enough that the best I could  get was about 2 bolt widths early drop. I replaced it with one of my Uberti Dragoon bolts  (did not know they were a replacement!) And was able to set it to perfect timing. That Uberti  bolt along with the coil and "pushrod " should be great upgrades for it!!

Mike

Kudos, Goon! When you get too old to work on these pistols you will still have a major backlog! I have NEVER heard of ANYONE have an issue with your work.

Thanks for what you do for all of our interests.

Jim
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 01:41:13 PM by sourdough »

Offline 45 Dragoon

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2016, 03:58:12 PM »
Wow !! Thanks Jim!!

Now, if I can get my head through the shop door, I've got a couple to finish up on !!   (7+"

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
  • Show Me Shootout 2014 - TTN Hammer gun & BP
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2016, 04:38:23 PM »
Fingers, I'll update it for you free whenever you want  *6'

It's also a candidate for my "revised " Ruger  type" hand spring.

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com

Hell, the damn thing is near perfect as it is - except for the shooting part.  Cocks like a dream & has no creep in the smooth let off.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline 99whip

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2016, 04:46:00 PM »
I love it Capt, nothing like a gun with some character.  Nice work.  Mike too..

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2016, 09:48:40 PM »
Me, envious?  Hell yes, but that Dragoon couldn’t have happened to a better guy.  Congratulations Captain.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:51:30 PM by G Dog »
Schlong NIKE, bigly...

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2016, 08:46:30 AM »
Me, envious?  Hell yes, but that Dragoon couldn’t have happened to a better guy.  Congratulations Captain.
Thanks, G.
I really like this gun. Until you've pulled back the hammer on a Goon action, you don't know what you're missing. I've done the lion's share of work on all my revolvers and they are pretty darn good, but these are exceptional.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2016, 11:30:30 AM »
Hi Kirk, glad you are having fun with your new tricked out Dragoon. However, you need to be careful, to much single action cocking is a form of masturbation. Yeah, I know, it feels good?

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Eric N.

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2016, 01:30:12 PM »
Just do it till you need glasses. And don't let your mother catch you.      Glad you like your Walker.
The easy we make difficult,the difficult we make imposable.  Some days its so true.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2016, 12:19:11 PM »
Just do it till you need glasses. And don't let your mother catch you.      Glad you like your Walker.
I've needed specs since I was fourteen. Ummm... ^j)

Offline Krylandalian

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2016, 01:35:38 AM »
Just saw this.

History.  That pistol has been worked.  In some   a c t u a l   serious situations.  More than several decades of use, with no guess as to how many states, mountain ranges, encounters, weather, critters, lost and found,  pounds of lead and powder spent, , , . It has seen.

Don t  know why, but it is of unusual quality, steel etc.  Outlasted others.  Decades of use with   z e r o   maintenance where timing, adjustments were needed, or parts were replaced.  N o t h i n g .

The initials are mine.  Made by shaping copper wire and tapping it against the grip.

Burials at sea have some use. I guess.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 01:51:07 AM by Krylandalian »

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2016, 09:58:05 AM »
Just saw this.

History.  That pistol has been worked.  In some   a c t u a l   serious situations.  More than several decades of use, with no guess as to how many states, mountain ranges, encounters, weather, critters, lost and found,  pounds of lead and powder spent, , , . It has seen.

Don t  know why, but it is of unusual quality, steel etc.  Outlasted others.  Decades of use with   z e r o   maintenance where timing, adjustments were needed, or parts were replaced.  N o t h i n g .

The initials are mine.  Made by shaping copper wire and tapping it against the grip.

Burials at sea have some use. I guess.

Kry;
In keeping with tradition, I have decided to keep that gun as-is for now, and let it keep your pet name "Joaquin Mureitta"...it is fitting. This is one badass Dragoon.