Author Topic: EMF Paterson on sale  (Read 5983 times)

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
Re: EMF Paterson on sale
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2017, 08:40:49 AM »
Hi, the replacement wedges from Taylor arrived today. Both wedges are slightly wider than the original wedge and seat well in the Pietta Paterson. As soon as I get the hardening compound I will try doing a surface hardening on the original wedge and report back what I learn. This is a video of the process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTIXGl_3li8

Regards,
Richard

Hi, I put the original Pietta Paterson wedge that had been hammered wider and surface hardened back in the Paterson. The wedge clamps the barrel hard to the arbor with just a little of the wedge protruding from the right side of the barrel. Time will tell if surface hardening helps the Pietta Paterson wedge distortion issue.

Regards,
Richard

There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2017, 12:54:21 PM »
I can make the new sight fit the holster Richard.  Just send it to me and I'll take care of it.   (No charge of course)

Hi, Mike fixed my Paterson holster so that the Pietta Paterson with tall front sight now fits. I can't thank Mike enough for fixing my Paterson holster. Great customer service from Mike!!

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2017, 04:32:55 AM »
Hi, early this year Kirst told me that they were working on a .22 conversion cylinder for the Pietta Paterson. I recently emailed Kirst to check on the status of this project. Their reply:

"Thanks for your inquiry; the 22 Patterson Konverter has been placed on the back burner. We've been busy reorganizing my company, which has turned out to be a huge project.

The 22 Patterson is still a high priority; I hope I can get back on it after the new year.

Keep in touch.

Walt Kirst"

I then emailed Howell to ask if they have any intentions on producing a .22 conversion cylinder for the Pietta Paterson. Their reply:

"We will not be making a 22 conversion for the Pietta Paterson.  Thank you for the inquiry.

Maggie"

Regards,
Richard