Author Topic: Cases  (Read 869 times)

Offline jaxenro

• View Profile
Cases
« on: February 18, 2017, 05:02:17 PM »
Most of my revolvers and some of my knives have cases. I like the ones from "Bills Cases" he just does authentic work as most of the reproductions or modern ones have the wrong locks and construction

This week I bought three close to period oak cases that look identical to fine English pistol cases. Correct locks, hinges, even brass initial plates inlaid in the lid. Under $200 with shipping for all three from England

They are oak cutlery canteens. Need to be relined with partitions but that is a lot easier than building the wood case and inletting the lock. Search eBay for oak cutlery canteen like this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/371817810207
Check out my website www.percussionrevolvers.com

Offline 99whip

• View Profile
Re: Cases
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 12:21:42 PM »
That looks pretty good Jaxenro, what models do you plan to put in there?   I have made several cases and while they are fun to make parts of the construction are a little tedious.

Offline jaxenro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 12:43:07 PM »
I have a pair of Leech & Rigdons for one maybe my Walker in another. I want the L&R case to look non factory. I have two long skinny ones for Bowie knives and was thinking of a four knife cased set two Bowies two daggers with6" matching blades and one pair with cutlery style and the other ivory handles

Offline jaxenro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 12:49:31 PM »
I also got a small leather covered vintage cutlery case this week to use for a pair of French fitted NAA mini companions. The total case is about 6" square

Offline 99whip

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 06:31:53 PM »
I look forward to seeing them once you get the partitions built in.  Don't forget to post some pics.

Offline jaxenro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 04:40:45 AM »
I will just don't hold your breath waiting. I want to do the NAA case first but I need the correct (real small) flask first and I have never French fitted a case. Been looking for tutorials but haven't found anything. This isn't the traditional baize felt lined but more the velvet lined cases for small pocket pistols like the Belgians turn out. I have a small dagger blade I am having re handled to match the grips I had made for the Companions in banded imitation ivory material I am going to set in the lid and I want to make lidded compartments in the base plus the French fitted areas for the two revolvers and the flask. So just finding the correct materials and trim also

Offline 99whip

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 09:14:21 AM »
French fitting them sounds like a great project, seems like I saw a tutorial on that somewhere, I will look and see if I can find it. 

I just hope I don't pass out from holding my breath...