colt banner

Author Topic: Conical bullet paper cartridges  (Read 2102 times)

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
Re: Conical bullet paper cartridges
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2018, 08:31:25 PM »
Mike's three photos above are great.  I'm using the second one for a screen saver, right now.

I'm going to get some perm-papers soon.  American Spirt cig paper is working well but something heavier sounds fun.  It's surprising how durable cig paper carts can be but the more durable the better.
Schlong NIKE, bigly...

Offline Gray Fox

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2018, 02:07:20 PM »
Mike:

Does the guy have more of that mold for sale?  GF

Online mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2018, 02:51:01 PM »
Yes,  Mark Hubbs  has a company called Eras Gone Bullet Molds.  You can Google him or search it on Facebook.    I'm away from my Computer  now or I would look up the link for you.

Offline scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2018, 05:19:59 AM »
Hey Mike, I noticed in your pictures that the bullet tips rest above the edge of the wood block. Will the cardboard sleeve still slide over the block?

Also, where can I find the source to pick up some of those cartridge containers. I would like to put a few of them to use. I did buy one that was made entirely of wood, but is was a bit pricey. It is a dandy and even has an area for 7 percussion caps.

Online mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2018, 08:52:06 AM »
Scoob,    I bought the cartridge boxes from Balazs Nemeth,  (CapandBall) from the YouTube video series.    I ordered from his website.  Here's the link.....  http://kapszli.hu/en/product/authentic-civil-war-revolver-cartridge-box-for-combustible-envelope-cartridges-44/
The boxes are nicely done and worth the price if you don't want to go to the trouble of making them yourself.   The price is & 7 euros which is about 8 bucks right now. 

The boxes have a recessed lid to accommodate the taller pointed bullets that is attached to the box with a piece of linen cloth to act as a hinge.   The cover slides on easily.

Offline scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2018, 06:45:46 PM »
Thanks for the contact info. Also, now that you mentioned the recessed lid, I can see it plain as day in the 2nd and 3rd pics and see how it will work perfectly. I simply was not paying close enough attention to detail.