Author Topic: Attended a local shoot today  (Read 2611 times)

Offline scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Attended a local shoot today
« on: January 14, 2017, 03:23:51 PM »
Got invited by phone last evening to come join a local muzzleloader club shoot today. Turns out that the sun came out clear and bright for the first time in weeks. Nary a cloud or haze in the sky. A chilly 5 degrees when I left the house this morning, and around 10 degrees when we wandered up through the snow to have a go at some gongs along their regular trail course. Some of them were still painted white from last summer, so they were a bit hard to see. It was a dang good time with excellent company and jovial conversations and we sure did enloy the sun in our faces.

A local took this pic of my self in my chosen attire for this day. I chose to dress more affluent than I normaly do by wearing a clean striped linen pull over shirt, linen weskit adorned with brass buttons, a silk scarf, and white linen breeches with dyed brain tanned leggins. I still do not have any nice buckle shoes or boots, so I did have to wear my old beat up moccasins though. I shot my Jacob Dickert in .50 calibre with 44 inch barrel.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
Re: Attended a local shoot today
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 03:26:38 PM »
I like!

Offline HAWKEN50

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 06:48:14 PM »
 (7& Now that shines Scooby, that really shines,,,

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.com
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 07:14:17 PM »
You need to keep that "more affluent" attire handy Scooby because it suits you very well.    Thank the man who took the photo and have a vintage style 8x10 framed to hang in the parlor.   

Excellent photo.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 09:33:28 PM »
You are stylin' today! Them accoutrements really shine, Scoob! Watch yer topknot.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline rdstrain49

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 08:04:48 AM »
As I always suspected, brainfreeze.  Explains a lot.  L@J

Offline scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 09:20:52 AM »
Explain that one a little further rd.

Offline mazo kid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 01:39:21 PM »
Lookin' good there. Did you have a fire going to warm up near? With the sun shining , that makes the cold a little more bearable. I would have opted for a wool pullover shirt though.

Offline scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 03:48:58 PM »
Ya, there was a fire down by the land owners cabin. Was too crowded around it though most of the time.

I have several wool pull overs and a wool wrap shirt. Even have a thick wool great coat. I usually only wear them if it is wet. Otherwise, I do fine with a few layers of linen.

Offline sltm1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 06:32:30 PM »
Love the rifle, I've never owned a "hiss-boomer" but I wouldn't mind one like yours.

Offline prof marvel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2017, 10:35:09 PM »
My Dear Scooby ,
I love the electronical tintype!
you are quite the epitome of Sartorial Splendor!

yhs
prof marel

Offline shooter13

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 10:28:15 PM »
Scooby, I hope I'm not being rude in asking where you got that beautiful linen weskit? I've been looking for one and that one shines!

Offline mazo kid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 02:55:39 PM »
Shooter 13, what size are you? I have some weskits, though none are linen. We can talk via PMs.

Offline scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 07:54:32 PM »
Scooby, I hope I'm not being rude in asking where you got that beautiful linen weskit? I've been looking for one and that one shines!

Hello there shooter13! Heck no your not being rude and I value the inquiry. A gal in Montana made it for me. They might have a website and I will see if I can find it for you. I am a very close friend of her husband.

Offline shooter13

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 07:56:32 PM »
Sorry for being rude with this late reply.  I've been laid up with my sciatica  AND still dealing with the snow and all else life just dishes out.  Excuses? Yeah, I got a million of 'em!

Anyway, Size is a tricky thing.  I usually order a medium if it equals a 40 - 42 (more toward the 42) and it works out perfectly.  Some places that's a large.  Anyway, writing directly to my email would be the best way to get to me directly, that's marc0713@comcast.net

Before I go back upstairs to try to get some sleep I will end with sayi9ng that Mazo Kid & Scooby, I always enjoy your posts, and your pictures (especially Scooby, to be fair) just knock me out.  Also make me envious of your drop dead gorgeous western environs. OK, it's back to dodging the bed bugs for me, take care and God Bless you all - Shooter13