Author Topic: Any GreyBoxer Patersons out there?  (Read 262 times)

Offline Krylandalian

• View Profile
Any GreyBoxer Patersons out there?
« on: September 02, 2017, 05:08:13 PM »
I recently learned that Colt Blackpowder Arms Co. did a few standard Patersons  Anyone seen one around?

I d  like to have one. 

I like my collection of, basically, 1 example each of Colt s repeaters.  The Paterson is the only one I don t  have.  , ,

, ,    y     e     t      ?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 05:09:59 PM by Krylandalian »

Offline LonesomePigeon

• View Profile
Re: Any GreyBoxer Patersons out there?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 10:01:32 PM »
From what I have heard the normal, non-engraved Sig Series Paterson is more rare than the engraved ones. I have seen 3 or 4 engraved ones for sale on Gunbroker, Guns America and/or Guns International in the past couple years but I don't think I have ever seen a normal one. Factoid 1: the engraved Sig Series Paterson does not have the "Sam Colt" signature on the backstrap. I don't think the normal one does either but I am not 100% sure. Factoid 2: The correct barrel address for both the engraved and non-engraved version reads "Patent Arms M'g. Co. Paterson N.J. Colt's Pt." but there was at least one non-engraved one that had a barrel address which read: "Samuel Colt Texas Paterson".

Offline Krylandalian

• View Profile
Re: Any GreyBoxer Patersons out there?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 10:12:46 PM »
Thanks for the great info.  Something for me to watch out for.  I do want one that is as authentic as possible. , and Colt Blackpowder Arms Co.  did some sketchy stuff,-  funky stamps and stuff.

Seems the Paterson is going to stay on my wish list for some time to come.    C r a p.