Author Topic: Range Boxes  (Read 104 times)

Offline 99whip

• View Profile
Range Boxes
« on: September 25, 2017, 07:09:24 AM »
Let's see some range boxes.  Attached is one I made out of scrap shelving material, it's too thick and adds unnecessary weight.  I need to rebuild it and maybe make something smaller.  I'd like to add a small tray to one half of the box.  When I put a few guns in there it gets kind of heavy, but, I can carry everything I need.  Tho sometimes it's nice to go minimalist and not carry tons of stuff.  Paper cartridges are great for that.

Anybody else made anything similar?

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
Re: Range Boxes
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 09:18:47 AM »
I don't use anything like that because I just go outside to shoot but if I did need something I'd probably convert this bayonet crate.

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.com
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 10:57:41 AM »
I don't have a range box just a nylon shooting bag.   I've been looking for something like Hawg's bayonet box but haven't found much.   I tried to pick up a DuPont Dynamite box a while back but I couldn't talk the guy down to a reasonable price.

Good job on that box you made 99whip.

Offline 99whip

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 11:22:04 AM »
That would make a great range box Hawg. 

Thanks Mike, that Dynamite box would have been pretty cool.  I made this one about a year ago, thinking of making another and going down to half or even quarter inch, the pictured box is 3/4, so that would lighten it up some.   Also plan to include a removable tray that covers maybe half the box.