Author Topic: Re: shootings  (Read 102 times)

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
Re: shootings
« on: December 01, 2017, 12:07:49 PM »
Written by a woman for a liberal rag, who can obviously not grasp why anyone needs a gun...

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/searching-for-motives-in-mass-shootings
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 07:53:25 PM »
Know your enemies and the various sources of subversion.  Every patriotic American should read the New Yorker regularly; itís a window into their evil little minds.

Good link, Captain.

Offline Dellbert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 10:23:50 PM »
Looks like we might be able to carry conceal across state lines. They may not ban anything just yet. I'm supprized they haven't banned something by now with all the shootings and the number of dead people. It really has me stumped.

Offline valforgettaboutit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 06:10:57 AM »
I think right now any ban they try to get though will get vetoed and they don't have the votes to override. Hopefully the few good guys up there can keep it that way. Though I'd keep an eye peeled for the Senate vote on HR 38, they might try to keep the expansion of NICS and dump the concealed carry provisions.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 07:18:13 AM »
Hi, the good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy with a gun in Texas. IMO that NRA instructor with his AR15 did more for gun rights than anything the NRA has done in the last 20 years.

However, IMO there is a good case for limiting the number of rounds a magazine can hold. That would help the good guy with the gun. It would give a second or so for someone to take action as magazines are changed out.

Regards,
Richard
Thereís nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline jaxenro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 07:27:12 AM »
Every time you agree to a limit they go and add another demand for a new limit so no I donít give in to any of ghem
Check out my website www.percussionrevolvers.com

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
  • Show Me Shootout 2014 - TTN Hammer gun & BP
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 09:41:04 AM »
However, IMO there is a good case for limiting the number of rounds a magazine can hold. That would help the good guy with the gun. It would give a second or so for someone to take action as magazines are changed out.

Regards,
Richard

Only problem with that is the bad guy doesn't obey the law.  Limiting mag capacity would only make the good guy waste time changing magazines.  Past experience with mag limits and Semi-Auto bans is that they make absolutely no difference in crime rate.  Bad guys don't obey the law - that's what makes them bad guys.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Dellbert

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 09:01:56 PM »
NO NO NO Bans. Mr bad guy can eat dirt for all I care. Leave Mr good guy alone. I still don't trust them Dem asses in Washington to get anything done right. I better shut up.