Author Topic: Cabela's affiliate links  (Read 348 times)

Offline Smokey

• Technical Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Black Powder Smoke
Cabela's affiliate links
« on: June 03, 2018, 04:11:50 PM »
Most members do not use the Cabela's links on these forums, but the same deal is offered here as any other Cabela's link or directly from Cabela's. It is much appreciated when members order through our links. The payoff is small, 3 percent or so, but the revenue helps with operational costs.
I find members posting affiliate links from other forums, members bragging about their purchase and posting other forum's affiliate links to their purchased products. Members and guests from Black Powder Smoke or the 1858 Remington forum, click the link and if they buy the item or browse and buy something else, the other forum gets a commission. How nice.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 04:47:18 PM by Smokey »

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
Re: Cabela's affiliate links
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 09:19:08 AM »
Most members do not use the Cabela's links on these forums, but the same deal is offered here as any other Cabela's link or directly from Cabela's. It is much appreciated when members order through our links. The payoff is small, 3 percent or so, but the revenue helps with operational costs.
I find members posting affiliate links from other forums, members bragging about their purchase and posting other forum's affiliate links to their purchased products. Members and guests from Black Powder Smoke or the 1858 Remington forum, click the link and if they buy the item or browse and buy something else, the other forum gets a commission. How nice.
I was not aware of this, Smokey! Thanks for bringing it to our attention! Kill two birds with one stone, guys!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline valforgettaboutit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 10:14:34 AM »
Thanks for letting us know, I'll be sure to use the links next time I buy from them.

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 11:17:00 AM »
I'ma do what Smokey say do.  It's important.  Otherwise, he would not have mentioned it.    :-*
Schlong NIKE, bigly...

Offline Dellbert

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 11:48:28 AM »
+ 1 I agree with you. I did not know anything about this.

Offline LonesomePigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 01:38:26 PM »
Not sure I understand. If I click on the Cabela's link at the top of this page and then order as normal, then this forum will get 3% of whatever I spend?

Offline Smokey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Black Powder Smoke
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 01:07:29 PM »
Not sure I understand. If I click on the Cabela's link at the top of this page and then order as normal, then this forum will get 3% of whatever I spend?
Yes. The links are affiliate links, which is why I ask members not to post links they find after entering Cabela's through another forum's affiliate links.

Offline LonesomePigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 07:06:24 AM »
Ok Smokey. I may be ordering some cap from Cabela's soon and I will be sure to use this forum's link.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 11:54:12 AM »
Hi Smokey, I have add blockers all over my computer. And, I'm not about to disable them, I'd rather shoot mysef. Is there any way you can have a link at the header that will let me use your cabelas path?

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Smokey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Black Powder Smoke
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 05:56:09 PM »
Hi Smokey, I have add blockers all over my computer. And, I'm not about to disable them, I'd rather shoot mysef. Is there any way you can have a link at the header that will let me use your cabelas path?

Regards,
Richard
Thank you for the suggestion. It is done.