Author Topic: Those of you with Walkers....  (Read 6202 times)

Offline omarkw

• View Profile
Re: Those of you with Walkers....
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2014, 08:59:29 PM »
I can see how fire could get past a cold molded ball with a wrinkle in it.      Mark
on these walks make your gun your constant companion.   TJ

Offline Krylandalian

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2017, 01:25:41 AM »
Iv e  had 7 Walkers since 1985.  I never get tired of them.  The wow! just never wore off.  Quite the contrary!  I run around a lot with either a Walker or a Dragoon.  Belt holstered and shoulder supported, I go for quite a ways hiking through the forest and around the shoot sites. I like em and don t  see ,  not lik n  em any time soon!

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2017, 05:08:11 AM »
Hi, I still like the Walkers and the modifying the earth's magnetic field around my property. These are my two Walkers, the top a Walker kit nitride finished:

Not long ago I added a dovetail sight to my kit Walker so that poi=poa at 25yds using .45 Colt conversion cylinders, that photo:

While Walkers are heavy, they offer a very stable platform for precision shooting. The added sight radius also helps. Every serious BP revolver shooter should own a Walker.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Krylandalian

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2017, 11:54:19 PM »
V e r y   nice!  I especially like the unfinished cylinder.  I am always feeling a tingle to do that to mine.  Hmmm?

They do shoot stable.  The picket always wreaks havok on the targets.  That pointy nose starts to tweek upon entrance and the dad burned thing starts going all gymnastic.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2017, 05:34:52 AM »
V e r y   nice!  I especially like the unfinished cylinder.  I am always feeling a tingle to do that to mine.  Hmmm?

They do shoot stable.  The picket always wreaks havok on the targets.  That pointy nose starts to tweek upon entrance and the dad burned thing starts going all gymnastic.

Hi Kry, I stripped the bluing of a Walker cylinder and then nickel plated it. The nickel plate eliminates rusting.

Other than shooting 250gr 45 Colt with conversion cylinders, I use ball and 200gr conical for C&B shooting with the Walkers. An unmodified Walker can be an amazingly accurate firearm, see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLnbuAwIjDY

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• SASS #105711
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2017, 10:30:40 AM »
i love walkers!!! sure they are big, heavy and unwieldy, but the coolness factor is immeasurable!!!
l
l_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
  JEEP OWNER!

Offline Krylandalian

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 08:04:51 PM »
Nickel plated?!  Wow!  That s  big!  I de-blued the cylinders of two ASM s  I have , ,   a h e m ,  had!,   and fired them along the way of 30 years!  They still work ,  w e l l   mostly.

Go Jeep!  I had a  1948 CJ2A for a while.  Walkers and Dragoons slung along the roll bar.

Offline Dellbert

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2017, 10:49:10 AM »
Yeap still have shoot, and carry my Walkers and Dragoons around with me. Having them and carrying them all this time has made the weight no problem.