colt banner

Author Topic: ASM 1st model Dragoon  (Read 5641 times)

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• SASS #105711
    • View Profile
Re: ASM 1st model Dragoon
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 10:46:07 PM »
There is a reason the Dragoons are referred to as Improved Walkers.  Because they are an improvement over the original.

I have both and the Dragoons get to the range a lot more than the Walker but the 1860s go to the range more than the other two models combined.  The spring on the Walker can be fitted to the lever so it does not drop when fired. 

My Walkers do not drop the levers.

Kevin

neither does mine...

get the walker, you wont regret NOT doing it later... and never sell it, that you WILL regret... trust me...
l
l_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
  JEEP OWNER!

Offline StrawHat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2015, 03:26:04 PM »
There is a reason the Dragoons are referred to as Improved Walkers.  Because they are an improvement over the original.

I have both and the Dragoons get to the range a lot more than the Walker but the 1860s go to the range more than the other two models combined.  The spring on the Walker can be fitted to the lever so it does not drop when fired. 

Kevin
...neither does mine...

Nice looking revolver Bruce, What is the barel length?  Mine is 5".

...get the walker, you wont regret NOT doing it later... and never sell it, that you WILL regret... trust me...

I have to disagree with you.  Based on the number of used Walkers I see on the market, lots of folks buy one because they have to have one and sell it with a year because it is a lot more than they imagined.

Besides, if they don't sell it how am I gong to keep buying them cheap?

Kevin
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• SASS #105711
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 07:30:58 AM »

Kevin
...neither does mine...

Nice looking revolver Bruce, What is the barel length?  Mine is 5".

cut her to 2.5"

...get the walker, you wont regret NOT doing it later... and never sell it, that you WILL regret... trust me...

I have to disagree with you.  Based on the number of used Walkers I see on the market, lots of folks buy one because they have to have one and sell it with a year because it is a lot more than they imagined.

Besides, if they don't sell it how am I gong to keep buying them cheap?

Kevin

in my experiance, people but the walker, shoot it a few times, sell it cheap, then miss it and buy another... well thats what i did anyway..

bought my first one for $265, sold it for $340, bought this one for $240, blew the cylinder, bought new cylinder, $20, spare barrel, $40, and conversion cylinder, $244...
l
l_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
  JEEP OWNER!

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 11:47:44 AM »
I can't imagine selling my Walker.

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• SASS #105711
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2015, 07:29:51 AM »
i paid more for my first one and frankly i was a worn out piece of junk. i worked on her and got her running right again but i wanted something better, my current one i absolutly love! its an ASM build from uberti parts with the colt address on the barrel and shoots amazingly well and as accurate as my .22 rifle!
l
l_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
  JEEP OWNER!