photo Dragoon-Navyset_zps3txqpebh.jpg

Author Topic: A Little Remington  (Read 352 times)

Offline scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
A Little Remington
« on: April 21, 2017, 02:10:33 PM »
This one is a Model 6 in 22 calibre. The metal finish is in very good shape. The bore is near perfect. Seldom find one like this. The only problem that this one had was issues to the original varnish finish on the butt stock. It also had a lot of fresh dings and scratches. So with that, I oil finished the wood.

The model 6 is very similar to the Stevens Model 14 1/2, except that the Remington is designed much better, built of higher quality, and a bit stronger than the Stevens. Both are comparible in size with the Remington weighing just a bit more.

I really enjoy shooting these old small bore single shots.

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
Re: A Little Remington
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 04:03:11 PM »
Nice. Don't see many with case colors left let alone that vivid.

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.com
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 04:21:55 PM »
That one's in really nice condition.   Looks like an advertisement for a new gun.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 07:57:10 PM »
How you manage to score those little gems is a mystery to me!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 09:18:48 PM »
This one went through two cycles on gunbroker without a bid. On the third round, I offered the minimum price on the last day and got it. The only reason I grabbed it was because of the condition. One in similar condition went for a very high price with a lot of bidders the week before. I have no clue why this one went unrecognized. It is by far in the best condition of any antique. 22 rifle that I have ever got.

On the same note, I was watching a very good model 17 Stevens that no one was bidding on. On the second cycle, a single bidder got it for the opening price. It was a dang good deal. I gave that one some thought too.

Be patient, control the natural impulse, and keep lurking. Kind of like hunting. Each time one that you want sells for higher than you want to give, another will show up in short order for a better price. That is how I got my last Uberti Paterson.

However, I get most of the old jewels at my local gun shop. Not too many guys around here are interested in the old stuff.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 09:21:46 PM by scooby »

Online mazo kid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 09:17:34 AM »
You got a nice one there! I have a good friend who lives near Custer, S.D. who keeps finding old guns. Most of the guns he finds are pretty well used though, although functional.

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 09:43:44 AM »
I like it!  L@.