photo Dragoon-Navyset_zps3txqpebh.jpg

Author Topic: Conversion cylinder for Paterson?  (Read 419 times)

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
Re: Conversion cylinder for Paterson?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 06:16:13 AM »
Hi, I emailed Howell again pleading for them to make a Howell 38 Colt/38 Special Pietta Paterson conversion cylinder. I understand that there is also cult interest in the Paterson from a TV series "Supernatural". I'm not familiar with that show, but saw a video on doing the Paterson conversion, see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AdDKXijllA&t=590s

I currently own 13 Howell conversion cylinders and offered to help with beta testing if desired. I previously beta tested Howells .22 conversions for the 1851/1860 where a number of serious issues were identified. That .22 product is still not available. I pointed out in my email that producing a Paterson conversion cylinder should be easier than their 1851 conversion in that no ratchet is required, only a keyway.

Hope they find interest in making a conversion cylinder for the Pietta Paterson.

Regards,
Richard

There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
Re: Conversion cylinder for Paterson?
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2017, 08:38:15 AM »
Hi, Howell emailed me back. Bottom line is that they say that there isn't any interest in making a conversion cylinder for the Paterson.

I look forward for Kirst supplying the .22 conversion for the Paterson next year. I will start working on making a full length .22 barrel insert for my new Pietta Paterson.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!