photo Dragoon-Navyset_zps3txqpebh.jpg

Author Topic: Not tempted  (Read 580 times)

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
Not tempted
« on: November 28, 2015, 05:13:57 PM »
Went by the LGS I frequent today. They had one brass-framed "1851 Navy" from Armi San Paolo in the case. They had it marked at $99. I wasn't really interested - not a brass-frame guy, but I looked at it. It rattled like a bb in a box car. Someone shot it almost to pieces.

Walked away.

They also had an ASM-made Hartford revolver single action in .32-20, but they wanted about a hundred and a half more than I thought it was worth.

Offline mazo kid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Not tempted
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 07:33:30 PM »
I hear you about over priced guns. I am even passing up some that are reasonably priced as I am getting rid of a lot of the stable.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 06:18:32 PM »
It's only gonna get worse, fellers. If the Cabelas/Bass Pro deal goes down, that will be the end of reasonable Pietta pricing as we know it.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline 45 Dragoon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 06:36:48 PM »
EM,
 The ASM Hartford series were blueprint copies of the  '73 ! Some of the best ever made! I had one in .45 C.  (Wish I had that one back!)

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @ goonsgunworks

Offline scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 08:55:48 PM »
I have the ASM New Dakota version. It came with the black anodized back strap and trigger guard. That modle was on a special sale through EMF quite some time ago so a buddy and I each got one. I only paid around 230.00 with shipping for it. Had I the knowledge and insight back then, I would have spent a few dollars more and gotten the Hartford version with the blued back strap and trigger guard. None the less, my Dakota version is one heck of a nice clone. Well built with super case coloring. Shoots point of aim and very accurate. It does so with an oversized bore and  my .428 home cast soft bullets. Obturation is a sweet thing when going with the black powder and soft lead philosophy.