photo Dragoon-Navyset_zps3txqpebh.jpg

Author Topic: Walker pointed loading lever?  (Read 2013 times)

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Walker pointed loading lever?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 01:31:59 AM »
I saw on e-bay a guy is selling 2 copper rings soldered together. You just slip it on over the barrel and loading lever.

Hi Sam, don't you think that metal rubbing on the barrel would be tough on the bluing?

Regards,
Richard
There is felt inside the copper rings.

Offline Krylandalian

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 11:08:54 PM »
One thing I am considering is drilling a small hole jst begind where the spring protrudes.  I ll  insert a small screw that can be turned in and out easily.  This will   j a m   the lever from falling.  I will experiment with one of my worn out Walkers.

We ll  see.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2016, 04:46:35 AM »
Hi Krylandalian, I'm not sure what Uberti did, but my two relatively new Uberti Walkers don't have the typical loading lever drop on shooting. The loading lever is strongly held up by the lever spring. Is this a different design from the original? I don't know, but I'm happy for it.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Krylandalian

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2016, 10:56:27 PM »
That s  good to hear.  My old ASM s, with one in each hand, I would have to smack it against my leg to reseat the lever before firing again.  I have yet to fire the 2 new walkers I have.  The levers are   r e a l l y   tight though.

Offline StrawHat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 04:05:10 AM »
A bit of file work will correct the issue without altering the look of the revolver.

Kevin
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline 603doug

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2016, 12:51:09 PM »
My Walker"s lever stays in place no matter how hot the load. I forgot about it till I just read everyone's post. The walker is my favorite bp but only by a whisker. The rest (51 navy, new army. colt 1860 and wells fargo) tied for second &\?