Author Topic: Another 1860  (Read 1843 times)

Offline scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Another 1860
« on: January 22, 2016, 06:26:17 PM »
A very recent purchace. Ol Buffalo Arms got in a few Cimarron civilain modles and I bit the bait just like a starving fish. I have an extreme soft spot for civilain version 1860's. This one is in standard blue. Had some time to take it out this evening for the second go around to asses what I will do with hammer alterations. I was a bit sloppy with my fundamentals and could not seem to get my act together all the way, so I put a lot more rounds onto paper than normal in order to ease my mind and confirm actual grouping. I was also having a lot of trouble seeing the little one inch circle. My eyes are going downhill fast it seems in just the last year. I am now at the point where all shooters eventually end up at. I struggle to find a happy medium of balancing out the blurr between sights and target  (7+"

When I get it shooting lower, this 1860 will bump my 4 screw modle out of the belt rig and become the lead dog of my 1860's.

36 rounds off hand from 25 yards. Windage is good to go out of the box. Got to bring her down a few inches now.

And a few more solo pics

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
Re: Another 1860
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 08:18:00 PM »
I love the three screw models. I wish I'd never sold mine. If it had been a Uberti I probably wouldn't have.
Is yours Uberti or Pietta?

I'd call that damn good shootin', Scooby.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
  • Show Me Shootout 2014 - TTN Hammer gun & BP
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 08:33:40 PM »
Good look'n and good shoot'n Scoob
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.com
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 08:36:40 PM »

Is yours Uberti or Pietta?

If it is a Cimarron it is an Uberti made revolver.

Nice shootin there Scooby.   I like the 3 screw versions too.  I have been looking for an Uberti '61 Civilian model but haven't found a good one yet.   Can't even find a brand new one.   
Appreciate the photos as always. 

Offline scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 12:09:36 AM »
Hey Mike, looks like buffalo arms does indeed have the 61 civilian in stock. They do not label it as a civilian on their site, but I am familiar with their shortcomings as far as detail of descriptions on the web.

It is the last one of the four options shown on their 1861 page. Perhaps a phone call is in order to them to confirm.

Offline StrawHat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 03:19:39 AM »
Let's see, a Colt Improved Belt revolving pistol in 44 caliber, what's not to love!

Kevin
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.com
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 06:22:35 AM »
Hey Mike, looks like buffalo arms does indeed have the 61 civilian in stock. They do not label it as a civilian on their site, but I am familiar with their shortcomings as far as detail of descriptions on the web.

It is the last one of the four options shown on their 1861 page. Perhaps a phone call is in order to them to confirm.

I'll look Scooby,  Thanks.   I always forget about Buffalo Arms.  Haven't checked there in a while.    Dixie has a four screw on sale for $295.

Offline DoubleDeuce1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 02:51:27 PM »
That is a darn fine target for twenty-five yards. I sure as heck would not want to be standing in front of you... Especially if I was a paper plate *6'

Really, if the grouping bothers you, take a step back from the target to about twenty-six yards. Maybe those bad guy paper plates can't shoot worth a lick past twenty-five yards. :-* 8)

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 04:10:43 PM »
Scooby, very nice 1860!  L@.

Offline scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 05:03:15 PM »
That is a darn fine target for twenty-five yards. I sure as heck would not want to be standing in front of you... Especially if I was a paper plate *6'

Really, if the grouping bothers you, take a step back from the target to about twenty-six yards. Maybe those bad guy paper plates can't shoot worth a lick past twenty-five yards. :-* 8)

(7+" (7+" I will try that 26 yard distance next time!

Offline LonesomePigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 08:01:34 PM »
Very nice shooting. What year was that gun manufactured? Does it have the Cimmaron barrel address?

Offline scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 09:07:05 PM »
Thanks a bunch LonesomePigeon. It was manufacturered in 2015. It does have the Cimarron address on the barrel.