Author Topic: A good deal?  (Read 1256 times)

Offline sourdough

• View Profile
Re: A good deal?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 03:34:45 PM »
Although I am not interested in Walkers to procure, that is a beautiful pistol, and I won't even dwell on the magnificent deal insofar as price. Others before me have said it all.

I have been on modern pistol forums for a long time and there is nothing there that exhibits the camaraderie that I find here and on other BP forums. Although I am a newbie, I feel at home on these forums. There is little animosity and almost all support for any thread/post, no matter the subject. You folks are the best and your sense of humor is the best.

Kudos to you all!

Carry on, sirs!

Jim

Offline 99whip

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 03:56:11 PM »
Mike,

We're all just so dang envious...

Personally, I think it often works to our advantage when it comes to acquisition of new pieces that for most folks, black powder guns (rifle or c & b) are considered a pain to shoot/maintain, etc.  That creates a nice buyers market for seldom used guns by people that can't wait to get rid of them.  Still have to do some cherry picking, but great deals exist. 

I paid $30 for a pietta navy at a local gun show last summer while standing in line to buy my ticket.  Needed a hand spring and hammer.  The dude couldn't wait to get rid of it, and I couldn't shell out the cash fast enough.  Never bought a ticket to go inside, just walked back to the car and went home, lol.

Whip

Offline Hewy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 05:15:59 PM »
Finds like this help make up for the deals you, I'm sure  , gave someone else
that cost you  money.
What goes around comes around.
I can see it now ..........NEW HOLSTER IS IN THE WORKS.
Hewy
BETTER TO GETTIN than GETTIN GOT.