colt banner

Author Topic: EMF Paterson on sale  (Read 21590 times)

Offline scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: EMF Paterson on sale
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2017, 01:46:13 PM »
Sorry to hear you are having issues. I experience no issues with my Ubertis. I do tear them completely down every time I shoot them because I generally only shoot them once or twice a year. But the teardown and reassembly is a familiar and straight forward process for me. They are not too much different than a standard Colt.

I have read about a lot of issues with the Pietta Paterson. It is why I have stayed away from one, even though I like the longer barrel. They had the same problem with quality with their Star revolver.

I suspect that in the end, you are going to have more invested in this one than you would have had buying an unfired Uberti.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2017, 03:57:40 AM »
Hi, the new Paterson leather holster from LeathersmithMike arrived yesterday. It's a beauty and the workmanship is suburb, see:

Due to high winds, we lost electric utility power for three days, had to use the generator. The internet was out so I looked for a gun project to keep me busy. To that end I JB Weld the free floating brass arbor spacing button to the arbor end and filed the brass button for a 0.006" gap. The larger gap will minimize the Paterson BP and lead splash fouling.

Regards,
Richard
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 05:49:52 AM by ssb73q »
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline LonesomePigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2017, 10:13:52 AM »
The holster looks great.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2017, 09:17:02 AM »
Hi, in an email Kirst told me they are working on a .22 conversion cylinder for the Pietta Paterson that should be available early next year. To that end I began to prepare a full length .22 barrel for the Paterson. A 3/8" outer diameter barrel liner has been threaded on one inch of each end of the barrel, 3/8x24". The outer diameter will need to be reduced by filing to a diameter of ~0.360" so that it will be a slight tight fit in the .36 caliber Paterson barrel. A forcing cone will also be done on the rear end of the barrel after the barrel is fitted to the Paterson barrel. I will need to have the Kirst conversion cylinder before final fitting can be done.

Regards,
Richard

There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2017, 10:50:21 AM »
Now THAT'S what I call "being prepared".... (7+"
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2017, 10:25:07 AM »
Hi Kirk, yes indeed, I'm just an old boy scout, be prepared. That sometimes drives my wife nuts, but that's my training from a boy. Being prepared has saved our asses a number of times.

Regards,
Richard

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2017, 11:42:54 AM »
Hi Kirk, yes indeed, I'm just an old boy scout, be prepared. That sometimes drives my wife nuts, but that's my training from a boy. Being prepared has saved our asses a number of times.

Regards,
Richard
I know, right?
I keep preaching this at my grown sons, but despite them both being former scouts, they don't take it to heart.
I was both a Scout and a leader. The lessons learned "took" I guess..
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2017, 08:33:00 AM »
Hi, in an effort to be prepared, I have tried to order Pietta Paterson spare parts. IMO the Pietta Paterson may be on life-support since mainsprings and cylinder aren't in stock at VTI. These parts are also not in stock at Taylor's, but I think that Taylor has more clout than VTI with Pietta. While probably all backordered at Taylor, I ordered a replacement cylinder, hand, and all springs for the Pietta Paterson. It may take awhile for me to see those part, but probably worthwhile in the future.

Be Prepared.

Regards,
Richard

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2017, 07:39:59 AM »
Hi, the new Paterson leather holster from LeathersmithMike arrived yesterday. It's a beauty and the workmanship is suburb, see:

Due to high winds, we lost electric utility power for three days, had to use the generator. The internet was out so I looked for a gun project to keep me busy. To that end I JB Weld the free floating brass arbor spacing button to the arbor end and filed the brass button for a 0.006" gap. The larger gap will minimize the Paterson BP and lead splash fouling.

Regards,
Richard

Nice leather. Nice sidearm.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2017, 10:09:05 AM »
Hi Electric, thanks. One can never go wrong owning a holster from Leathersmith Mike. While there are some cheap holsters available that will work with BP revolvers there is something special having a quality holster to hold and protect the revolver being used. While I value my BP revolvers, I value my Leathersmit Mike's holsters even more.  L@. L@. L@.

Regards,
Richard

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2017, 12:09:39 PM »
Hi, in an effort to be prepared, I have tried to order Pietta Paterson spare parts. IMO the Pietta Paterson may be on life-support since mainsprings and cylinder aren't in stock at VTI. These parts are also not in stock at Taylor's, but I think that Taylor has more clout than VTI with Pietta. While probably all backordered at Taylor, I ordered a replacement cylinder, hand, and all springs for the Pietta Paterson. It may take awhile for me to see those part, but probably worthwhile in the future.

Be Prepared.

Regards,
Richard

Hi, I just heard from Taylors that they have my Pietta Paterson parts and they have been shipped. The old boy scout motto is Be Prepared. Uberti Paterson parts are almost impossible to get. IMO it won't be long before the Pietta part join that class. I suggest that you order Paterson parts while they are available. Springs and hands are worth investing in if you intend on having a working Pietta Paterson in the future.

I also have an extra cylinder for the Pietta Paterson coming. That damn bolt chews up the entrance and exit cylinder bolt holes where a pristine cylinder when displayed makes some sense for an anal retentive like me.

The trigger pull on my Pietta Paterson is over 8lbs. I intend to do a trigger and reduced mainspring force job in an effort to have a usable and accurate Paterson.

Regards,
Richard

Offline Bishop Creek

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2017, 04:30:11 PM »
I know that the replica Paterson revolvers go for a bit more than say, an 1851, but this one on Gunbroker is ridiculous:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/636099248

Offline LonesomePigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2017, 07:06:28 PM »
It's only $10,000. I'm guessing the seller meant $1,000. Still too high.

Offline Bishop Creek

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2017, 07:14:01 PM »
It's only $10,000. I'm guessing the seller meant $1,000. Still too high.

My guess too. I'm just amazed that he hasn't corrected it yet.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2017, 05:08:14 AM »
Hi, notice that the $10,000 Paterson is a smoothbore. Maybe this guy thinks someone will pay for a one of a kind Paterson revolver?

Regards,
Richard