colt banner

Author Topic: BONANZA TV series gun rack  (Read 163 times)

Online ShotgunDave

• Charcoal Burner
    • View Profile
Re: BONANZA series gun rack
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 09:18:57 AM »
FWIW, I have this really cool old gun I inherited from my dad...chambered in .22 short, it still functions. I'd LOVE to hang this little gem over the fireplace, but bottom line is, it works. Therefore, I'd be putting myself at risk legally.

That is cool as hell! I'd have that gun displayed so I could enjoy it.

I feel that we're playing right into the gun grabber's hands. They have us scared to even display our own property, in our own homes. That's a sad state of affairs.
"Never trust quotes from the internet"
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2019, 09:34:33 AM »
I feel that we're playing right into the gun grabber's hands. They have us scared to even display our own property, in our own homes. That's a sad state of affairs.

I could not agree more. It's truly a shame what liberal free-thinkers have done to this country and our proud heritage.
The US has been founded on, built on, and defended by our love affair with the gun. I fear the inmates are now running the asylum and they are making us the bad guys because we are intelligent enough not to buy into the idea if we all sing Kumbaya and have a big group hug, that we can all get along and dance with fuzzy puppies, rainbows, and singing birdies.
Although it's "only Hollyweird", I'm often struck watching old westerns such as Gunsmoke at the sporatic, senseless and vicious cruelty dispensed at random on decent individuals by animals with guns. Whether TV fantasy or not, in actuality it probably happened that way, and often. Many times the solitary farmer and his family had only the family gun to defend themselves and family with in times of crisis. Has it really only taken a generation for so many to be duped into thinking mankind has changed for the better?
Caveat Emptor.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 02:44:33 PM by Captainkirk »
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Online ShotgunDave

• Charcoal Burner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2019, 10:03:45 AM »

I could not agree more. It's truly a shame what liberal free-thinkers have done to this country and our proud heritage.
The US has been founded on, built on, and defended by our love affair with the gun. I fear the inmates are now running the asylum and they are making us the bad guys because we are intelligent enough not to buy into the idea if we all sing Kumbaya and have a big group hug, that we can all get along and dance with fuzzy puppies, rainbows, and singing birdies.
Although it's "only Hollyweird", I'm often struck watching old westerns such as Gunsmoke at the sporatic, senseless and vicious cruelty dispensed at random on decent individuals by animals with guns. Whether TV fantasy or not, in actuality it happened that way, and often. Many times the solitary farmer and his family had only the family gun to defend themselves and family with in times of crisis. Has it really only taken a generation for so many to be duped into thinking mankind has changed for the better?
Caveat Emptor.

Well put Capt. I agree 100%

"Never trust quotes from the internet"
-Abe Lincoln

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
Re: BONANZA TV series gun rack
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2019, 01:06:54 PM »
In California, minors or persons prohibited from possessing firearms who are legally on the premises are the real risk for the gun owner.  Absent those, no criminal liability will attach.  Anyway, the statutes here refer to “loaded firearms”.

Shotgun, check out Cal. Penal Code §§ 25100, 25105.  Those will give you a little guidance.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 01:15:12 PM by G Dog »
"Nietzsche is dead".
                              -  God