Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/91/8230291/html/blackpowdersmoke/oldcoots/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/91/8230291/html/blackpowdersmoke/oldcoots/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
I'm home

SG's Old Coots Den & Privy
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2019, 08:40:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Smokin Gun Rules!!!
12090 Posts in 1368 Topics by 123 Members
Latest Member: Popgun
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  SG's Old Coots Den & Privy
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  I'm home
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I'm home  (Read 9615 times)
S4B
Administrator

« on: February 15, 2015, 09:46:18 AM »

Been in for back surgery. Not pleasant. gaah

The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike..........Thomas Jefferson
S4B
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 12:04:20 PM »

Thanks Fuzzy.

The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike..........Thomas Jefferson
Smokin_Gun
"I Smoke Black Powder"
Administrator

Known as a "Grey Rider" & "Horned Owl"

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 09:52:45 PM »

Din't know man ... Wish you the best and speedy recovery my brother ... Did you ask the wife for help cause Doc said you can't lift heavy things? Heee heee lol3

"American by Birth","CSA by Choice"As an Akwesasne,St.Regis Falls My Totem is Owl,Grizzly Bear,Hawk,Mistletoe,Deer owls see things that are not put before them and can see clear into the soul of a human being. No one can really lie to an owl, they see all truths.
Festus

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 04:44:00 AM »

Welcome home.
I hope yours turns out good.
Mine did. Removed a crushed disc.
No pain in 5 years.

God, Flag, & Country
S4B
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 09:27:20 AM »

Spinal stenosis. Arthritis inside the spinal column was pinching the nerves. They ground out the channel of 3 vertebra, with 2 more to do possibly. As it was, it took 4 hours. This surgeon likes to start off small, and only go big as a last resort.
No BLT, bending, lifting, or twisting. Hard to live without that. gaah

Smokin_Gun
"I Smoke Black Powder"
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 09:40:08 AM »

We're in the same boat as yo may recall ... I'm getting another Facal  Spinal Block   procedure  FSB next week ...due to tryin top sleep on steel and concrete in jail for three days .... I'm at a pain level 10 constant both siaticas are a mess...hope yurs  ... barely  get in to Jeep with 6"  lift an 33" tires...haha
God's speed ... in heaing Bro CSA

"American by Birth","CSA by Choice"As an Akwesasne,St.Regis Falls My Totem is Owl,Grizzly Bear,Hawk,Mistletoe,Deer owls see things that are not put before them and can see clear into the soul of a human being. No one can really lie to an owl, they see all truths.
Dave

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 08:57:28 PM »

I had back surgery in 1990.  The Dr took out the wrong disk.  That cost me my cop career.  In 1995 a Dr in Boston took out the correct disk, but my leg never recovered from the botched surgery.  I had more surgery in 2013 and I'm doing pretty well.  Pull ups (chin ups) have been great for me.  It's very important, as you know, to listen to the Dr after surgery and don't push it at all.
I tell people that if the find the Dr who messed me up murdered, I am #1 suspect.
Smokin_Gun
"I Smoke Black Powder"
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 11:50:48 PM »

I have great empathy for your right to feel as you do Dave ... I'd probly feel the same myself. That's why I don't have back Surgery. I'm given a 50/50 chance a bein' paralyzed.  So I stick with long needles, pain, anti inflamiroy, nerve pills and long needles to stay at a level 5-10 pain and gp on about my busines. Sucks usually I'm a level 7 and still smile and have faith in God ... there's Days I would like to rid the Earth of all skum, assholes, bad guys, and idiots ... but it would make me like them ... and now I am one temporarily for doin' the right thing ... Well know I'm ok and hopefully the truth of life's imperfections will become known as truths that I/we can live with ... AHO (a blessing in Zuni Pueblo)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 12:01:47 AM by Smokin_Gun » Logged

Smokin_Gun
"I Smoke Black Powder"
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 10:13:35 PM »

S4B ... I hope your recovery from Surgery is comming along good and you are doing well ... My best to you Troop ... horsey cowboy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: