Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/91/8230291/html/blackpowdersmoke/oldcoots/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/91/8230291/html/blackpowdersmoke/oldcoots/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
I'm back from Rondy

SG's Old Coots Den & Privy
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2019, 03:26:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Smokin_Gun & Soul Beauty sayin' Hi ...
12090 Posts in 1368 Topics by 123 Members
Latest Member: Popgun
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  SG's Old Coots Den & Privy
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Rendezvous’
| | |-+  I'm back from Rondy
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I'm back from Rondy  (Read 6139 times)
Smokin_Gun
« on: March 20, 2011, 03:25:58 PM »

I have alot to tell so this will be an intro ... I'm beat to heat and smilin' a mile wide  lol3 We had a great Rondy and weather held up till Friday nite ... wind Gust up to 50mph or better and a steady 25-30 mph with rain. Will tell more on the damage factor soon one trader's tent came down on him and I was stichin' canvavas with heavy sinu at 0130-0200 Saturday AM.
I linked below to my Photobucket account as there are 74 pics to show ya's...

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Smokin_Gun/2011Rondy/

I also have a couple pic that show a trade for a 2d Generation 1851 Colt Navy I done and an 1873 Colt .45Colt I bought HWM made in West Germany "Bounty Hunter" w/ a 4 1/2" bbl.... Will get better pics outside when the rain stops.

I'll tell ya some stories and lies later ... I'm beat but will be back on after dinner ... and while my new Beaver 4X hat is dryin' out.  Wink dance

In the mean time name this strange scull...it's tall and has a split hoof...

I did have a really good time, think I'd like to live that way ... just need me a couple a mules or a Horse and a mule...

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 07:04:34 PM by Smokin_Gun » Logged
S4B
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 03:49:42 PM »

Sure looks like a good time. Lots of good memories for sure.

The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike..........Thomas Jefferson
Smokin_Gun
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 04:08:52 PM »

Hey S4B you got that right my friend...yur ears could a been ringin' as I spoke of you about where I aquired my Hawken. Told of my friend in the cold cold North and how easy we had it at ther Rondy. I gotta give ya a nickname before I tell a a short story later on one I was given as Smokin_Gun. Here's a hint.
Smokin_Fingers or Burnt_Rod  laugh
Was a great time and my first nite there Monday ... I broke out the Sour Mash jug a lil' too early ... my nite ended with passin' a coup;e jugs of Apple Pie drink and Peach Pie Drink ... Staggered to my camp to eat sumfin about 2030(8:30pm)woke up with a fruit backed run to the crapper at 2300hrs(11pm) and a headache...a couple swiiggs a evan and I went back out.  yes
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:50:43 PM by Smokin_Gun » Logged
S4B
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 04:14:22 PM »

hysterical lol2 chuckle Yup, when you're there that long ya gotta pace yourself.

The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike..........Thomas Jefferson
Baron Von Kesselwalker
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 04:17:48 PM »

.... great   that   ur   back   with  us   ,,,   wish ng   I   COULD  have   been  ther  ....was   prepped   for   a   rescue   misson  ......    lol3  ......
Smokin_Gun
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 04:21:41 PM »

Thanks Baron I would a sent smoke signals over the San Gabriel Mtn.  lol3

S4B that's what I ended up doin' but I couldn't stick to it all the time dance ya know?

http://www.gundirectory.com/more.asp?gid=20323&gun=Revolver
Smokin_Gun
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 09:32:56 PM »

Well I can truely say it's much warmer and more comfortable in my house and bed ...food's alot easier to make especiallly when Cyn cooks it  Wink
But the feelin' of campin' out at Rondezvous is just the best feelin''/cleansing there must be in the World.
Isore no doubt, but that'll heal in notime,...I'm gonna do a trek that Bill(Preacher) was speakin' a doin someday. Nothin' extravigant but cool and on my own woith a 65 lb. pack a rifle, knife , and Hawk  ... not sure which i'll do first a Mountain trek for say 3-5 days or a Desert Trek.
One I wanna do is near the Meir Trail...and Devil's Punchbowl here in the Antelope Valley, CA...has a fishin' stream and that would be real cool.
Wde'll see how my work out goes and see ifin I can get in better shape and reallly walk...this Rondy I done alot a that cause a where I camped.
More will be revealed to this Old Coot  yes dance CSA
Smokin_Gun
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 07:42:37 PM »

I'd start tryin' to explain some a the pics on my link to Photobucket but so much went on I don't know where to start jus' yet. My mind is stiull there I am havin' an even worse time typin' than usual...  yes laugh
S4B
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 09:30:32 PM »

Well get yur head cleared and back in the 21st century before you start your write-up.
Have you got all those guns cleaned yet? Bet it was a bit of a chore. A good one, but a chore non the less.

Smokin_Gun
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 10:17:31 PM »

I'll try S4B ... not too sure ifin I wanna come back to the 21st Century  hurry

I had cleaned them at camp ... gonna give um once again over after the rain storm comes and goes tomorrow. I like cleanin' um outside if I can. I ran some patches down um again when I got home, so will tear um down and give um another hot water cleanin' and a lil' wipe with oil.
Smokin_Gun
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 08:15:59 PM »

And Damn it they are still clean... laugh dance I gotta get out there this week yes
Baron Von Kesselwalker
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 09:22:01 PM »

still   no   go   , on  this   end   .......   flat     Cheesy        panic         cowboy
Smokin_Gun
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 09:34:26 PM »

It'll happen soon Baron ...  yes dance guns
Baron Von Kesselwalker
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 02:06:07 PM »

back from  riding visit  to the  wet desert   desert   rain    with   S G   an   SOUL  BEAUTY  ,  good talk ... nice  to  meet  Soul Beauty  .....picked  up  some  ol friends that  look real nice ..pics  to   post  later .....
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: