Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/91/8230291/html/blackpowdersmoke/oldcoots/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/91/8230291/html/blackpowdersmoke/oldcoots/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
1st day back to the Range shootin'

SG's Old Coots Den & Privy
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2019, 12:48:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Smokin_Gun & Soul Beauty sayin' Hi ...
12090 Posts in 1368 Topics by 123 Members
Latest Member: Popgun
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  SG's Old Coots Den & Privy
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Range Reports
| | |-+  1st day back to the Range shootin'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 1st day back to the Range shootin'  (Read 3036 times)
Smokin_Gun
« on: July 22, 2010, 04:09:26 PM »

Welcome to my first day back of shooting at all what so ever for about 3 months.
I got to shoot my 1872 Pat. Factory Colt Pocket .38Colt today...man was it great what a feelin' that lil' piece of history put in me...it alone was worth the ride :O)

But first I shot this one with the .38spl with HBWC hollow base wad cutters...It shot great I bounced a can from 10 paces to 20 paces and hit it all 5 times with my 1861 Pietta Colt/Kirst .38spl ... Nailed it!

The One I tried one round in before that smokeless cart was my Ruger Police Service Six .357 mag 2 3/4" bbl SS Rev. got so excited forgot to take a pic of it alone.
The Winchester Model 270 .22 RF Pump shot perfectly and flawlessly was very happy with it and pounded tin with both left and right hand shootin'...

Anyway I had a great time ... took a walk and sat on a log jus' lookin' around , thinkin' and smilin'  :O)
It was a good day!
Here's the rest of the Pics,

This is a fire line where the California station fire was stopped in the Angeles National Forest, where the Range is

Campfire log

The Camp fire...
It was a truely great day one I'll remember along time.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 05:54:32 PM by Smokin_Gun » Logged
S4B
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 07:06:34 PM »

Ahh, he's back in the saddle again.
Glad to hear things went well, and they'll only get better.

The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike..........Thomas Jefferson
Smokin_Gun
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 12:42:08 AM »

Thanks S4B, felt good to be back doin' what i love to do when my Smokin' Guns do their VooDoo... I did have a great time ...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: