Photobucket

SG's Old Coots Den & Privy
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2017, 11:58:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Smokin Gun Rules!!!
19252 Posts in 1655 Topics by 118 Members
Latest Member: gemihur
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  SG's Old Coots Den & Privy
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Range Reports
| | |-+  YeeHaww, I finally Got Out!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: YeeHaww, I finally Got Out!!!  (Read 2710 times)
Thumper

« on: January 26, 2016, 11:01:53 AM »

After takin a year and a half off from such doin's, letting my wrist heal up, the weather was right, the stars were aligned and my aura was green for go so I went shooting. I hit more than I missed, but missed more than I wanted to, both 2 hands and duelist style. All shots were at a couple of cans (they bounce nice), and a steel clanger at 22 yds. The Remie and Rogers & Spencer were flawless, shooting a 452 230g rn over 7.7g of Unique. My newly installed cap rake worked perfectly on the Colt 62' Navy, (20g fff w/lubed wad and 375rb). The NAA Wasp, (22MAG), has tolerances so tight that it binds up after 3 cylinders. But that's OK as I have no intention of getting into a gun fight with it, (fire all five, if I miss or hit and he's not down, toss the gun at the perp and charge with my pocket knife
Wild Wilkie

Long Time Cowboy Wild Wilkie

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 08:58:36 AM »

Corngratulations, Thumper

Wilkie
Dave

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 08:31:00 PM »

Nice little arsenal you got there.  I like that R & S.  I gotta get out and shoot real soon.
Thumper

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 07:48:16 AM »

Thanx guy's.

Dave the R&S has been my favorite shooter since I bought it about 12 years ago.
Dave

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 07:33:27 PM »

For some reason I thought you had to use BP in the conversion cylinders.  Shows what I know (or don't know).

I finally made it out to the range today with my Mosin Nagant.  I loaded up a bunch of mild loads and some moderate loads - much better than that surplus ammo in the green can.  Those rounds make my head hurt.  The rounds I loaded are fun to shoot.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: