SG's Old Coots Den & Privy
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 05:57:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Smokin Gun Rules!!!
19355 Posts in 1672 Topics by 122 Members
Latest Member: Navy Six 2
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  SG's Old Coots Den & Privy
|-+  Rifles
| |-+  All Rifles (Moderator: Dave)
| | |-+  Anyone still shooting?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Anyone still shooting?  (Read 886 times)
CGN1771

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2017, 04:16:05 PM »

I just picked up a Navy Arms 51 navy I got to shoot a little. It was made by Uberti in 1965, great shooter. I'm wanting one of those stainless navies myself.
Fingers McGee

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2017, 08:55:24 AM »

Had a chance to take one of the Navies out yesterday for their first taste of BP.  I also took the SS Navy that I bought back in 2006.  The new one was bone stock and had nothing done to it except cleaning the hardened grease off the Arbor's so it would cock.  Revolver #1, the new one first five rounds off hand at 7 yards 4 rds just left of the bullseye grouped about 2 inches 5th round I called as a flyer.  2nd revolver (more likely me) the old one was all over the place that.  Both revolvers had a cap sucking problem even though the old one already had Slix Shot nipples on it.  The new one had to go around a couple times to pop all 5 chambers.  Ran a couple dozen rounds through each to evaluate what I needed to do to make them competition ready.  The more I shot, the better the groups; but still had problem with caps and flyers (me waving the gun).  When it's done, they'll both have SlixShot nipples and reduced power main springs as well as cleaning up any internal roughness.  I did notice that the new revolver had battered nipples; which explains the failure to pop caps.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: