SG's Old Coots Den & Privy
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2017, 11:21:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Mojave Desert Marksmen Rondy was a good time, resting up and practicing for next year
19330 Posts in 1668 Topics by 122 Members
Latest Member: Navy Six 2
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  SG's Old Coots Den & Privy
|-+  Revolvers/Pistols
| |-+  Rugers (Moderator: Dave)
| | |-+  new Ruger
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: new Ruger  (Read 194 times)
Dave

« on: June 19, 2017, 11:53:21 AM »

I have a S&W Airweight .38 for a carry gun.  Five shot, nasty to shoot.  It weighs less than a pound so the recoil is impressive.  But it's not a target gun or an everyday shooter - it has its place and purpose.
I figured it'd be a good carry gun for my wife but she does not like practicing with it.  Actually, I don't either but I do.
Anyways, she liked the feel of the Ruger LC9S.  9mm, 7 round striker fire.  Small and compact.  So she bought one.  We've been shooting 2 days in a row.  What a great shooter, accurate, comfortable.  Semi-autos have a learning curve but at least she likes shooting it.
CGN1771

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 10:37:18 PM »

I just got rid of a S&W 38 with aluminum frame, it was stout on recoil for sure, nothing too bad but it would take that extra second or so to get back on target. been looking at the new Glock 380 and Ruger LCR. Who knows, still carrying my Taurus Gaucho 357 everyday for now.
hiker53

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 01:11:36 PM »

Taurus tracker..44 mag...now this has a kick !  Even with the ported barrel..take it when I hike and climb...nice little gun..light weight..I carry 240 grain corbons..hard cast...had a few close calls out on the trails..but never had to bring it into play.! Hope I never do...! It's just nice being able to be relaxed while out in the wild..Huh??
Dave

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 06:37:01 AM »

I have a Ruger Speed Six 38/357 with a 2 3/4" barrel, which is a great carry gun but a little heavy.  It kicks less with 357 rounds than the Airweight does with 38.  The Ruger LC9S is making me a fan of 9mm.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: