Photobucket

SG's Old Coots Den & Privy
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 08:23:AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Smokin_Gun & Soul Beauty sayin' Hi ...
18374 Posts in 1421 Topics by 102 Members
Latest Member: Carolina Kid
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  SG's Old Coots Den & Privy
|-+  Rifles
| |-+  All Rifles
| | |-+  .22 Rimfire Sears, Roebuck & Co. Model 25
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: .22 Rimfire Sears, Roebuck & Co. Model 25  (Read 2904 times)
Smokin_Gun
« on: July 22, 2011, 09:41:PM »

I happened onto a problem when trying to give a $100 .22 rifle to a friend for helping me out with troubleshootin' that 1990 Nissan Sentra that I had done a recue call on the freeway for.
Well the head was blown no compression and he towed back to my house and would take noo money ... so i brought him this model 25 Sears .22 rifle ... got a call later on askin' me if i wanted a wallhanger from my friend, yes thae model 25 wouldn't fire ... broken firing pin.
So I'm browsin' around and found arrows pointing to Numrich and think I found the right parts. I need the firing pin of course and the rear sight elevator, replacements...
Have a peek and if anyone sees me doin' a wrong order please let me know ... ya bitte
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/ViewCart.aspx
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=9609

Some forums are calling this Model 25 a Hi Standard MFG. rifle made for Sears, I myself don't know but these are my findings... so far. dance
Smokin_Gun
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 10:28:PM »

Well I just ordered these parts at $21.10 it shun't break me and it's a nice lil' .22 rifle... wabbit hunter
Smokin_Gun
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 07:11:PM »

Well the Numrich Parts for the Model 25 Sears .22 auto came today ... I fitted (just had to thin it a few thou...) the firing pin put it in tried it out and it fires just fine. with a little luck the rear site elevator may work out the same way. It sure is nice when ya fix someting and it works.
  yes dance
Smokin_Gun
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 09:39:PM »

I guess I should have odered the whole rear sight, as it broke off halfway down the slot for the elevator ... I guess it's my fault for hitin' to get it flat again for the elevator to work ... it must have been bent too many times.
It Look like it's soldered on to the barrel fixture ... will try the stove on it tomorrow.
I'll order the sight from Numrich and see ifin I need any other parts. I may get another 2X or 4X scope for it but I like standard open sights... maybe I should get one of them Daisey red Dot sights  laugh
S4B
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 09:59:PM »

Well, that just blows. Paying shipping again for such small parts. I just ordered a rear sight blade from them for a .22 pistol, and for something smaller than a postage stamp, they charged me over 6 bucks to mail it. Bandits I say, they're just bandits. Cheesy gaah finger

The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike..........Thomas Jefferson
Smokin_Gun
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 10:02:PM »

Yup $6.50 for them two lil' parts ... I hear ya... dance
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: