SG's Old Coots Den & Privy
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2017, 09:27:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The Deadwood Saloon is open for business 24 hours a day.
19348 Posts in 1671 Topics by 122 Members
Latest Member: Navy Six 2
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  SG's Old Coots Den & Privy
|-+  Revolvers/Pistols
| |-+  Remingtons Carts & Conversions (Moderator: Festus)
| | |-+  What ever happened to these?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What ever happened to these?  (Read 20811 times)
Smokin_Gun
"I Smoke Black Powder"
Administrator

Known as a "Grey Rider" & "Horned Owl"

« on: August 01, 2012, 05:15:34 PM »

These are for the Remington Conversions to remove the Loading Lever and hold the Cylinder Pin in place...

"American by Birth","CSA by Choice"As an Akwesasne,St.Regis Falls My Totem is Owl,Grizzly Bear,Hawk,Mistletoe,Deer owls see things that are not put before them and can see clear into the soul of a human being. No one can really lie to an owl, they see all truths.
BGRooster1

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 06:53:22 PM »

Aaaahhhh . OK                 Never saw one a those before .
Thumper

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 08:50:16 PM »

Is that for if you want to use the gun w/out the loading lever? Why breakup the pretty lines of the gun?
Smokin_Gun
"I Smoke Black Powder"
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 09:12:10 PM »

Well I agree to a point, the point is that that loading lever can accidently push a cartridge boolit right down inside the case ... and can cause a problem ifin ya don't see it happen ... on my ROA I am able to remove the loading lever from the ram and cylinder pin ... ya can't on the Remington or Rogers & Spencer ... on the R&S I just have to be careful  ... and especially shooting 6.4gr of W231 Smokeless powder ... so I have rethought my BP & Smokeless loads and will shoot BP in my Rem and R&S Carts ... and Smokeless in my ROA .45Colt and my 1873 Colt Bounty Hunter made for smokeless ... Still want to get the Clip for the Kirst Pat. Pending old 5 shot .45Colt though...

"American by Birth","CSA by Choice"As an Akwesasne,St.Regis Falls My Totem is Owl,Grizzly Bear,Hawk,Mistletoe,Deer owls see things that are not put before them and can see clear into the soul of a human being. No one can really lie to an owl, they see all truths.
ofitg

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 10:26:12 AM »

SG, did you have any luck locating this thing?
Smokin_Gun
"I Smoke Black Powder"
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 12:27:41 PM »

No I haven't persued it futer  ... had it it located for sale a long long time ago ... think it was on CAS, or THR ... will try a Google search ... "Remington NMA cylinder Pin Retaining Clip" should do it...

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-565431.html

Help me out and keep a lookin' ... I just got a call fora pair a tires for old Lexus ... brb  CSA

ofitg

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 12:44:25 PM »

Yeah, I got a 1858 Pietta here that I might want to turn into a belly gun someday.... but first I need to find some type of latch to retain the cylinder pin.
BGRooster1

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 04:53:56 PM »

I am resurrecting this thread cause I am interested in this device. Is any more info on this been found ?
Festus

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 04:11:32 AM »

When this thread was first posted I said "sure, I know right where those are."
Wrong. Couldn't find them anywhere.
I gave all the places a good going over and nothing.
If anyone finds them, PLEASE post the map to the treasure.

God, Flag, & Country
Wild Wilkie

Long Time Cowboy Wild Wilkie

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 07:12:35 AM »

Will someone post a pic of one of these retainers on place on a rev?  They should be easy to make.
Wilkie
BGRooster1

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 10:08:14 AM »

After doing a little more searching . It looks like Kirst made something like this and a place in Iowa sold something like it .Can't remember the name ,drats. I did a Yahoo search and found pictures of clips that guys made for them self. All we can do ,I guess is keep looking or make it our self from the different ones posted on the www.
Swamp Yankee
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 08:17:11 AM »

I bought one from River Junction Trade Company in Iowa a few years back. I cut down an  Uberti 58 to a 3" snubby. I had pics and posted at another site back then, but I don't have any pics now. If I were to make one, I'd make a one from an old brass hinge. Brass would be easier to drill and file. As for a spring, I'd find an old spring and shape it to fit.
Festus

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 05:52:55 AM »

They were called a "retaining clip".
I still have a short cut to them at "River Junction."
Of course I get an error message when I click on it now.

God, Flag, & Country
BGRooster1

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 07:37:38 AM »

I went to the River Junction site also . I have not looked there in some time . What a difference . They look to be going away slowly. We don't have to many suppliers left anymore. We can buy shirts,boots and hats , but not much else and the prices are showing the lack of suppliers as the last of them are just hanging on.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: