Author Topic: For Colt Lovers  (Read 3528 times)

Offline Smokey

• Domain Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Smoke has no form, it simply is.
    • View Profile
    • Black Powder Smoke
For Colt Lovers
« on: September 08, 2011, 04:58:15 PM »
Had a few people tell it weren't fair to have a forum exclusively on Remmies. "What About the Colts?" I have been asked, so I gave in...   http://blackpowdersmoke.com/colt/index.php
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 05:06:06 PM by Smokey »
For a Complete Directory of Black Powder Specialty Forums, Please Visit BlackPowderSmoke.com

Offline Smokin_Gun

• Administrator
  • Wild West USA Mojave Desert
    • View Profile
    • SG's Old Coots Den & Privy
Re: For Colt Lovers
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 08:12:58 PM »
Smokey glad to have you show that Remmie guys can love Colts too ... I'm one had more Colts than Remmies ... Hell I love them all  ^") {;(
"I Smoke Black Powder" "Prefer an 1858 NMA Remington .44"
SGT. 43rd BN Virginia Cavalry CSA, Mosby's Rangers

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 11:24:49 PM »
Hey Gun, what's up?

I have never known whether I was a Colt guy that loved Remingtons or a Remington guy that loved Colts.  I am no closer to figuring this out than ever.  Could not get by without both types to have, hold and shoot. 

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 12:48:44 AM »
Yeah, had the same problem until I bought the R&S. Now I'm REALLY confused!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 07:44:18 PM »
I guess, as usual I don't seem to mainstream. I do not see why there is a forum for either.  ;D
Personally I love all black powder revolvers and as I am sure you know there were a lot of different manufactures.

Terry Jack
Springfield OR

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 09:56:18 AM »
This much is true!
However, newbies who just bought a particular gun seem to search out like company, hence the various fora....

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 05:50:46 PM »
Captain Kirk, What you say is true I am sure. Additionally the owner of the sites is free to do as seen fit.  :)

Offline Ringo

• View Profile
    • répliques Old West
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 12:27:44 PM »
I must say I am on Tljack's side there. I don't really see the need for 3 different forums.
I mean, I am a Colt guy. I have nothing against Remmies, except they are not Colts... I do appreciate Colt clones too, mind you. Whether they were made in Europe, brévetés or not, or in the Southern states, with brass or steel frames, as long as they look more or less like a 1851, they go with me.  :P
But... I wouldn't mind sharing a forum with Remington lovers, or even Rugers or whatever. I think it would make our life online easier to just post on one forum, instead of wondering if we should post a topic on the BP Collecting forum or on Colt Country.  {'P
I don't think the solution is to post the same topic on both, as it would soon become a bore for other members to read the same stuff over again. *%<
The forum on which I am a moderator back home is dedicated to Old West replicas, long arms as well as revolvers and pistols, as long as they replicate originals which have or may have been used in the Old West, that is broadly between the arrival of the first settlers and year 1900. We even show off our Bowie knives or tomahawks... The atmosphere is friendly and there is no rivalry between Colt buffs and Remington fans, although we sometimes tease each others. We even have a true lover of Le Mats... and he gets plenty of teasing from both sides...

So, anyway, what I wanted to say is I enjoy reading both forums, and now they both exist, I wish they both go on.  (j*

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 04:08:32 PM »
It's a long story.
Originally, there WAS one forum...Black Powder Smoke (still in existence, I believe, but not accessible at this time). Everything and anything BP went there. A few guys that preferred Remmies wanted to start a Remmy only forum (1858 Remington) of which (being a Remmy owner and fan) I took the helm of, thanks to Smokey.
Well, the serious collectors thought that was too specialized and generic, wanting to concentrate on the rare, historical and collectible stuff...the Collector's forum was born.
Colt owners felt they were not getting their due and being trod upon over on the Remmy forum complained; Smokey started the Colt Country forum in response to that! Being a Colt lover as well (one of the few at the time on the Remmy forum) I took the helm here a few years ago. It would have been nice if we all could "get along" but some folks seem quite prejudicial and stiff-necked in their ways, so....there you have it.
Enjoy all the forums and try to make the best of it!

1858 Remington:
http://1858remington.com/discuss/index.php

Colt Country:
http://blackpowdersmoke.com/colt/index.php

Black Powder Times:
http://blackpowdertimes.com/index.php

Smokin' Gun's Old Coot's Den & Privy
http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/