Author Topic: Navy Arms G&G  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Border Ruffian

• View Profile
Navy Arms G&G
« on: September 19, 2011, 02:48:59 PM »
I just made a deal on a 1980 (Date code AF) navy Arms G&G .36.  Does anyone know who made these guns for Navy Arms?  The gun is little fired and in VG-Exc condition.  I just want to know incase I need to buy nipples or spares in the future.

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Navy Arms G&G
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 04:09:24 PM »
It could be Pietta or Uberti.  There should be a makers mark somewhere on it.  Either left side or underside of the barrel, bottom of the frame, or left side of the frame.  Pictures would help.

This might help also:
https://store.bluebookinc.com/Info/PDF/POWDER/MBPProofmarks.pdf
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline Henry Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 06:21:06 PM »
Pretty sure that would be Uberti.

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 04:02:31 PM »
Pretty sure that would be Uberti.

Possibly; but could just as easily be Pietta.  If the OP would answer the marking question, we'd more than likely find out the answer.  But, since the OP was from 2011, probably won't happen
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 04:03:30 PM by Fingers McGee »
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse