Author Topic: my "stolen" remmy  (Read 2123 times)

Offline suzukibruce

• Administrator
  • born in the wrong century....
    • View Profile
my "stolen" remmy
« on: January 31, 2012, 10:58:28 AM »
i really didnt "steal" it but for what i paid for it and from who else was watching that auction it was a steal...lol...

so here is the story,

i have wanted a steel remmy since i sold my old brass frame bison that i paid $220 for and sole for $240... well im searching the auction sites for weeks and i find this unfired NIB 1973 lyman (uberti) with the original box, manual and a hunter holster on auction arms and i bid on it... appearenty smokey was watching it too... well i win the auction for $160 shipped... i get the pistol and sure enough it is truly unfired un cycled etc... not a mark on this gun so it sat in someones safe for 35 years before i got it and by the end of the first day i had it i had shot 50 .454 hornady lead balls out of it...lol...

i dont believe in "safe queens"

anyway i have won 1st place twice, 2nd place twice and 3rd place 7 times black powder shoots with it... i love this gun and it rides my hip every time i got "inna woods" on my land in maine...

Offline suzukibruce

• Administrator
  • born in the wrong century....
    • View Profile
Re: my "stolen" remmy
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 11:03:41 AM »
oh and i forgot, it does not say "black powder only" on it, making it a very rare mistake gun...

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 11:09:12 PM »
Bruce, that one's a beaut! ^")
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Smokey

• Domain Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Smoke has no form, it simply is.
    • View Profile
    • Black Powder Smoke
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 12:13:19 AM »
Yep, that's the one that got away!!  }:&
For a Complete Directory of Black Powder Specialty Forums, Please Visit BlackPowderSmoke.com