Shop the Cabela's Bargain Cave - Save up to 70%!

Author Topic: Collecting .31cal. Replica Revolvers  (Read 19959 times)

Offline Joel

• View Profile
Re: Collecting .31cal. Replica Revolvers
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 07:18:36 AM »
And this is the 2nd Generation:

Check out my new website:

www.percussionrevolvers.com

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 10:34:11 AM »
Good looking Pocket model.  39000 range serial and being a six shot, would make it the real deal made in 1852.  That is when Colt came out with the 6 shot pocket models.  If so, it's probably been refinished; but, would take an inspecction by someone knowledgeable about pocket models to tell for sure.

Congrats on the 1 of 500 Baby Dragoon cased set. 
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2011, 01:52:44 PM »
The cylinder looks like it could be a refinish - looks like the scene is gone but the blue looks hardly worn

either way it's a sweet little gun - I wouldn't mind owning it
Check out my new website:

www.percussionrevolvers.com

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 04:35:36 PM »
I too am wondering it it has been refinished. The cylinder scene is gone and on the side where it says, "Colt's Patent" is really worn down. When I take the gun apart, inside it looks like it is brand new.
I gave $250 for it so I do not think I got hurt. 
Never Surrender and shoot till the powder is gone!

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2011, 04:38:28 PM »
Fingers, thanks for the congrats on the cased baby!  They are all gone now except one 1851 Navy. It is unfired and unturned.  I do not need it. If anyone is interested where it is drop me a note

Terry

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2011, 08:46:31 PM »
Terry, I need a NIB F series 1851 Navy - for the right price.  The boxed one I have has the slightest turn ring on it & I need one at 100% instead of 99.5%
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2011, 12:19:09 AM »
 Not a great buy but not horrible. The owner had bought a collection and I believe this is the last one.

I have included sellers description. It is accurate. I have seen this gun.

http://www.thegunworks.com/custprodgun.cfm?ProductID=3423&do=detail&Cat2Option=yes

1851 Colt Navy - Cased - Steel Frame - 2nd Generation - 36Cal(P-89-92) $1,095.00   
Condition: Very Good - New - Unfired - Cased Manufactured by Colt
Pieces: 1  Stock: Walnut 
Barrel Length: 7-1/2in 
Caliber: .36 

This 2nd Generation - Ulysses S Grant Commemorative - Nineteen Seventy One .36 caliber 1851 Colt Navy revolver has a 7-1/2" octagon barrel with Address Sam'l Colt New-York City on the top flat and Ulysses S Grant Commemorative Nineteen Seventy One on the left side flat. The P grade Walnut grips are attached to the color case hardened steel frame that has Colts Patent stamped on the left side. Stamped on the cylinder is Colt's Patent Model No 2875 Engraved by WL Ormsby New York. Both the backstrap and trigger guard are plated. Comes in a velvet lined Colt wooden presentation case with Ulysses S Grant Commemorative - Nineteen Seventy One stamped one the top. The case includes a flask, L-shaped nipple wrench, mold, cap tin and key. Serial number is 2XX5. Factory wood to metal fit - made by Colt. Condition: Very Good - New - Unfired - Cased - Appears Unturned.

Terry

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2011, 10:26:14 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I've seen that one.  It is about 30% over -priced for the current market for a Grant.  And what I'm looking for is a black box F series.  The Grant is a C series - and I have one already

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »
It's the end of his inventory and you are right, a bit high. He did tell me that his pilosophy is that the unfired and unturned Colts are getting to be fewer and fewer. Several he has sold recently are now fired. He says he can afford to set on them. He has litterally thousands of guns. That store is supposed to be the biggest BP store west of the Mississippi. I do not doubt it.

Good luck with your search. If I run across one I will let you know.

Terry