Shop the Cabela's Bargain Cave - Save up to 70%!

Author Topic: Stainless Steel Uberti 1862 Pocket Navy Colt.  (Read 4556 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Stainless Steel Uberti 1862 Pocket Navy Colt.
« on: April 20, 2015, 10:40:30 PM »
I've been posting a thread for a about 5 years now about Stainless Steel Colt's made by Uberti in the 1980s.  Well, I've managed to snag another one today.  An 1862 Pocket Navy made in 1984.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 10:40:56 PM by Fingers McGee »
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline tljack

• View Profile
Re: Stainless Steel Uberti 1862 Pocket Navy Colt.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 07:47:30 PM »
That is a beautiful piece!

Terry Jack
Springfield OR
Never Surrender and shoot till the powder is gone!

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 11:04:58 PM »
Isn't it though.  Wish I could fall into some more of the models made back then.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 05:54:28 PM »
I located on yesterday that appears to be like new. Unfortunately no box. Trying to talk myself into letting of with a few dollars and picking it up.
As pretty as it is, Colt did not make one in stainless as far as I know. I collect replicas and a few originals. Not sure what Id do with it. We shall see

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 12:29:27 PM »
Located one what?  A stainless Pocket Navy?  If so, I'd like the particulars - SN, date code, frame markings, barrel length, barrel address, etc.  And if you don't want it - I'll take it.

Colt only made & sold the 1851 Navy, 1860 Army and 1861 Navy.  They had the Pocket Navy and Pocket Police models catalogued in 1982 at $437.50, but never put them into production.  Which is where Uberti comes in.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 12:34:16 PM by Fingers McGee »

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 05:44:23 PM »
Hummm! Maybe I should buy it. Will go check it out more and see what the specs are. I may buy it if I can get it for around $300.00

Terry Jack

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 07:09:45 PM »
I checked out the revolver in question a few minutes ago..........and bought it   *%<

It is a Colt 1862 Police. On the left of the receiver it says: AUBERTI&C.  Underneath it says Italy

On the barrel is says: Allen F A MFG CO

Under the barrel at loading lever it says: CAL 36  Black Powder Only then the serial number.

The serial number is:118369, stamped on receiver in front of the trigger assembly.  It has a 1984 date code (AM). It has no doubt been fired but it is in new appearing condition. No SS staining or scratches.

The Barrel length is: 5 12"

I can find no mention of it in The Blue Book of Modern Black Powder Arms.

The more I fondle and look at it, the more I am liking it!

Terry Jack

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 11:02:57 PM »
Thanks for the info Terry.  This one makes twenty three SS Colt's and the 4th Pocket Police that's been identified so far.  I have so far not been able to identify examples of all the models.

They are not listed in any price guides because there weren't many made during the 5 years they were made.  Base on serial number range that I know of so far, there may have been 500 of each model made.

Congratulations on finding it.

PS.  Can you send some pictures of it for my files?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 04:55:52 PM by Fingers McGee »

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 06:33:59 PM »
Many thanks to tljack for selling the '62 Pocket Police to me.  It arrived today and is a welcome addition to my collection.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 01:40:38 PM »
Wow, great deal, Fingers! Hats off to you TL for making ol' Fingers grin like a Cheshire cat. (I know you are...right?) ;)
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 06:38:23 PM »
Wow, great deal, Fingers! Hats off to you TL for making ol' Fingers grin like a Cheshire cat. (I know you are...right?) ;)

You are very perceptive   ^")

Offline mike116

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 06:41:16 PM »
Wow Fingers, good for you,  another score.   If you can get one every 60 days or so you'll be as broke as me by the end of the year.

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 06:43:17 PM »
Wow Fingers, good for you,  another score.   If you can get one every 60 days or so you'll be as broke as me by the end of the year.

But I'll be one happy smoke maker.

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 06:43:11 PM »
Just bought this Pocket Police on GB.  This one has a 4 1/2 inch barrel and was made in 1985.  This makes 3 in less than 4 months.  Unfortunately my luck with Lotto tickets isn't near as good.

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2015, 10:06:06 PM »
Fingers,

Pleased to know you are happy with the revolver I sold you! It is a nice piece for sure.
I will keep a look out for some more and let you know, if and when I find one.

TLjack