Author Topic: Schneider & Glassick  (Read 887 times)

Offline Rcampb6131

• View Profile
Schneider & Glassick
« on: May 07, 2016, 12:52:36 PM »
Just acquired a replica Schneider and Glassick.  Can anyone help me identify this Italian gun maker.  It's dated XXII.

Thanks

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
Re: Schneider & Glassick
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 11:46:13 PM »
Not positive, but AC in a circle was Armi Chiappa, but in a simpler format. I believe yours may be a newer version of that as AC is visible in a target circle.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline sourdough

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 06:02:59 PM »
Sure would like to see more pics of that pistol.

I am not into the original Colts; rather I am into the replicas/repros as I think that is a collector realm all its own.

Thanks in advance!

Offline sourdough

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 06:15:49 PM »
Just acquired a replica Schneider and Glassick.  Can anyone help me identify this Italian gun maker.  It's dated XXII.
Thanks

XXII is 1966. Sure would like to see pics of that pistol! I am thinking it might be an ASM.

Offline Rcampb6131

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 08:48:15 AM »
In researching these marks, I have found that the "target" mark which has an EIG in it, is the logo of EIG Cutley, the importer based in Miami, Florida.  The next mark is the logo of gunmaker Luciano Giacosa of Brescia, Italy.  The logo is a stylized GLB.  There were many gunmakers in the Brescia area in the 1960's and Giacosa was noted as one producing quality firearms.  Like so many others, after a few years, probably around 1968, he faded from existence.