Author Topic: ? about manufactures  (Read 807 times)

Offline sourdough

• View Profile
Re: ? about manufactures
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2018, 05:27:54 PM »
You might consider keeping your AR. If the gun grabbers get their way, it will be worth a lot of money!   :P

That was said during the last assault weapons ban in 1994. I had two Bushmaster XM-15 guns that I built in 1992 from stripped lowers. One was a carbine with a 16" barrel and I sold it in 2005 to a co-worker. I wish I would have kept it but we were in the process of moving out of state and needed money.

The one I kept was a Bushmaster A2 20" fluted barrel. I gave it to my son a few years ago as my eyes are very poor. It could shoot better than MOA with the 1-9" twist with 55 grain bullets on a rest.

After I built mine (with the terrible bayonet lug, flash hider, 30 round mags, et al), I came to hate the crap that came after that from the firearms manufacturers to comply with absurd regulations.

But the truth was, the pro-ban was still an AR-15 .223 and it was capable of doing the same thing as the pre-ban guns. It was a Feinstein attempt at nothing other than a feel-good thing for the libs.

It did not do what the anti-gun libs wanted and the sunset clause gave us the status quo.

Boo-Hoo. The Libs need to address the problem, not the tool.