Shop the Cabela's Bargain Cave - Save up to 70%!

Author Topic: SOLD For Sale G.U. Revolver believe it's 1958 Navy Arms Navy Revolver in 36 Cal  (Read 302 times)

Offline allright

• View Profile
This is now Sold ! Thank you forum members!

An "Original" "Reproduction!" Ha
I have a First Year of Production Navy Arms, 1851 Navy Revolver in 36 Caliber that I could part with. If this interests you, please PM me.

this following descriiption is something I found on the interwebs re: this gun:
This gun has no Italian proof marks and is not marked blackpowder only. The only marks are "NAVY ARMS CO" on the left side of the frame and on the barrel top flat, on the right side of the barrel "MADE IN ITALY" and the letters "GU" in script. These guns began production in 1958 to be ready for the Centennial of the Civil War. They were produced by Gregorelli and Uberti. They are the earliest Navy Arms made. In the early days of the Navy Arms / Uberti connection, Gregorelli actually produced the metal parts for the revolvers and Uberti assembled them.

This is a copy of a "Civilian Model". None of the attachments for the shoulder stock are on this revolver. There are no safety pins on the breech of the cylinder and the hammer face does not have the notch for the pins. The hammer does sport a non-traditional square notch for a rear sight, very well done and visible to my old eyes. The revolver appears unfired. The cylinder is not engraved but smooth. Very nice and very early production, I believe 2000 were produced. These are very scarce and near impossible to find in such fine original condition.

These revolvers are extremely collectible. This is one of the first Uberti made replicas that Val Forgett had imported. Great find and it's worth preserving this very collectible piece. Also included is the original wood grain box and powder flask. The gun is in excellent condition and may not have been fired.
Attached Images

Click here for another forums thread on this revolver

There's a wood case and flask that accompany the gun, and they're in "ok" condition.

I'm still trying to figure out my asking price, and I'm open to offers.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 12:20:26 AM by allright »

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Brass or iron frame?  Serial number?  Does it have a date code stamp? 

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline tljack

• View Profile
Have you sold this gun?

Terry
Never Surrender and shoot till the powder is gone!

Offline allright

• View Profile
Brass or iron frame?  Serial number?  Does it have a date code stamp?
Iron Frame, and I'll have to look at the rest. BTW, there are pictures, at least I can see them.

Offline allright

• View Profile
Have you sold this gun?

Terry
Terry, The gun is still for sale.

Offline valforgettaboutit

• View Profile
That is really cool, I have a Navy Arms G&U, same pattern/year. Didn't know until now that year was '58 very cool. OP your top post has a line "check this link" with no link. Anyway you'd mind reposting that? Any info I can get on my revolver the better, been holding off on doing anything with it since its hard to know if there's a market for them or not; been tough finding a lot of info about G & U's from that era, almost all the stuff you find online is for later runs that have proof marks and date stamps.

Offline tljack

• View Profile
I purchased this revolver and am interested in other calibers and a 1851 Navy with the roll stamp on the cylinder.

Terry
Never Surrender and shoot till the powder is gone!

Offline allright

• View Profile
I purchased this revolver and am interested in other calibers and a 1851 Navy with the roll stamp on the cylinder.

Terry

Terry is/was a great buyer!