Author Topic: Pair of Uberti SS 1851 Navies from GunBroker  (Read 176 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pair of Uberti SS 1851 Navies from GunBroker
« on: May 09, 2017, 10:41:41 PM »
Just won these on Gunbroker the other day.  Listing was for "Uberti stainless engraved black powder revolver "
 Of course the only engraving was the roll engraved naval battle scene on the cylinder. They were imported by Allen Firearms of Santa Fe, NM and are two more in my search for these rare Uberti Stainless Colt's. Total known & documented is now up to 31.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
  • "Nothing like a nice piece of hickory"
    • View Profile
Re: Pair of Uberti SS 1851 Navies from GunBroker
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 12:49:13 PM »
Doggone, Fingers...you are a man on a mission!!!! (j*
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline sourdough

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 03:14:41 PM »

No. He is a man on a mission with lots of mad money!

Congrats, Fingers!

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 03:48:02 PM »

No. He is a man on a mission with lots of mad money!

Congrats, Fingers!

Thanks guys.  I don't know about lots of mad money though.  I'm not able to get  everything that comes up for sale.  I had to let a couple 2nnd Gens go to someone else.  Priorities.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline EricDeaton

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 07:42:44 PM »
I was watching those 1860 army stainless Colts too. They weren't a bad price but I got one cheaper around Thanksgiving last year. Just scored a 1 of 1000 Colt Signature Series musket this week in the wood transit case. Should have it mid-week. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 06:49:22 PM by Fingers McGee »

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 06:46:35 PM »
They came in yesterdys mail.  When checking them this afternoon, I discovered that the serial number on one of them is one digit lower than the Navy I bought back in 2006 (which got me started on tracking them down and collecting them) - so, now I have a consecutive serial numbered pair.

Here is a better picture of both of them.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:03:49 PM by Fingers McGee »

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 06:49:53 PM »
I was watching those 1860 army stainless Colts too. They weren't a bad price but I got one cheaper around Thanksgiving last year. Just scored a 1 of 1000 Colt Signature Series musket this week in the wood transit case. Should have it mid-week.

You just have to be patient for the right one to come along.  I've been passing up the 2nd Gen Heritage Walker set for years, waiting on the right one to pop up.  A couple months ago I go one at the right price.   You just need patience.

Offline EricDeaton

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 10:53:29 PM »
Cool that you ended up with consecutive S/N Uberti SS navies. I got a Heritage Walker with case, book, etc at $650 shipped. That's the right price. They normally sell for more and most of them go unsold at the higher prices.

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 11:05:05 PM »
Cool that you ended up with consecutive S/N Uberti SS navies. I got a Heritage Walker with case, book, etc at $650 shipped. That's the right price. They normally sell for more and most of them go unsold at the higher prices.

Well, you did better than me.  Mine was just a little higher.

Offline EricDeaton

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 04:49:50 PM »