Author Topic: American Historical Foundation 2nd Generatin Colt Commemorative Navy  (Read 692 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Got this in today's mail.  American Historical Foundation made these in the 1984/86 time frame.  They were made from C and F series 2nd Gens.  Hand engraved and silver plated.  They made 100 of each, Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps commemoratives.  This one is #7 of 100.  The Army one I have is #52 (?) of 100.  I would check it; but it's under a bunch of stuff in the safe.

Pics:

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 12:54:37 PM by Fingers McGee »
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline suzukibruce

• Administrator
  • born in the wrong century....
    • View Profile
Re: American Historical Foundation 2nd Generatin Colt Commemorative Navy
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 02:09:44 AM »
wow!!!! thats beautiful!!!!

Offline Long Johns Wolf

• View Profile
    • FRiends Of the Centaure Society (FROCS)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 03:03:13 AM »
Very nice & stimulating, thanks for sharing.
Long Johns Wolf

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 08:20:17 PM »
Yep, that stimulates me too.  The Great Seal of the US on that is a nice touch and fits real well.

Offline Rcampb6131

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 10:51:10 PM »
Awesome Fingers!  Good to know it's in good hands.

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 12:55:55 PM »
Got this in today's mail.  American Historical Foundation made these in the 1984/86 time frame.  They were made from C and F series 2nd Gens.  Hand engraved and silver plated.  They made 100 of each, Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps commemoratives.  This one is #7 of 100.  The Army one I have is #52 (?) of 100.  I would check it; but it's under a bunch of stuff in the safe.

Pics:

Have updated the original post re: who made it. 
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse