Author Topic: Confederate Revolvers  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Confederate Revolvers
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 12:10:12 AM »
First off, I mis spoke.  They are Augusta Models, not Atlanta models.  I keep mixing them up.

In 1864, Leech and Rigdon had morphed into Rigdon and Ansley.  Some of the last revolvers made before the end of the war were marked CH Rigdon; Augusta, Ga. and CSA on the barrel lug.  They also had 12 bolt stop cuts on the cylinders instead of the 6 on Colt's and other copies.  I had six additional bolt stop cuts added to a pair of Uberti Leech and Rigdons; then had  them defarbed and remarked to replicate the originals. Here are a couple pictures of a real Augusta Model.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 12:13:37 AM by Fingers McGee »
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee; SASS 28654-L-TG, NCOWS 3280; Alter Ego of Diabolical Ken, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire.  Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters and member of Southern Missouri Rangers, Double M Cowboys, Owl Creek Raiders and the Ozark Posse

Offline sourdough

• View Profile
Re: Confederate Revolvers
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2016, 08:04:50 PM »
I would sure like to purchase a spare cylinder and persuade my machinist neighbor to machine additional stop slots. He's not a gun guy but is very good at his craft. It would be a Pietta, of course since that is all I have at hand, and it would not have anywhere near the original stamping on the barrel, but a Pietta G&G barrel would take care of the barrel profile, and a modified 1860 Army trigger guard/backstrap/wood (modified) would closely approximate your gun

Food for thought.

Jim