colt banner

Author Topic: It pays to be patient  (Read 1143 times)

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
It pays to be patient
« on: June 13, 2017, 07:20:33 PM »
I have looked high and low for a good condition, reasonably priced original Winchester 44WCF bullet mold for about 3 years now.   A few months ago Scooby put me onto one in an auction that I bid on.  I thought I put in a good bid but my bid was quickly passed up and I was outbid by over $100.   
Last Friday I posted a bid on Ebay on a fairly nice mold that I figured would sell above my max bid but I went ahead anyway.   Much to my surprise there was only one other bid and I won the mold for $51. Now I'm glad I didn't give in and pay over $200 for one.
I now have a matched set of Winchester Loading tools in 44WCF.   The mold drops a nice 200 grain bullet that measures .4285, now it's time to make up some cartridges and see how they shoot.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: It pays to be patient
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 08:44:15 PM »
Nice! Glad you waited. It  pays to be patient! )l_
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline mazo kid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 06:47:46 PM »
Nice mold, and the price was decent too! That mold and tong tool was set up specifically for the Winchester rounds. I have loaded a bunch of rounds with mine; in fact I have two loading blocks full of primed 44-40 brass waiting for me to get busy.

Offline scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 06:16:04 PM »
Great news Mike!!!!!

Your new mould casts a bigger diameter than any I have messed with. That is good. You won't have any trouble getting them to shoot good.

Congrats on the new to you original tool.