colt banner

Author Topic: Santa Barbara  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Santa Barbara
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2019, 11:47:22 AM »
I really did NOT expect him to bite, but as he said, "black powder is a slow sell". It costs money and space to leave a gun in the showcase; sometimes a little nudge is all they need to close the sale. Especially if they know (or think) you won't bite at the listed price.

You never know til you try.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline LonesomePigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2019, 07:54:53 PM »
Congrats, Captain. Here is something I found in a description of a Santa Barbara that was for sale, I don't know what kind of metal that is but I guess it's supposed to be pretty strong:

Product Description
44 BP; 100% blue, mint bore, mint grips, 8'' barrel, Brand new and in the original factory box with factory serialized certificate of Guarantee paperwork, as well as a tempered steel nipple wrench. Hands down, E.N. Santa Barbara's 1859 Remington New Model Army is- for the well informed, the rarest and most sought after" Holy Grail " of all the past and present 1859 New Model ARMY Remington reproductions out there. Do your research on this rare 1971 introduced revolver- you may never have heard of this Spanish manufacture, yet they were in business for almost 500 years- as Empresa Nacional Santa Barbara De Industrias Miltares S.A. Ini (The Spanish National Weapons Factories) and now part of General Dynamics Corporation. What makes this the Holy Grail: Santa Barbara 1859s were precision hand fitted and made of the highest quality steels in contrast to all others- who all sold for much less. SB-1859s deep blue finish and classic wooden handle scales combine to create a harmonious overall accurate rendition of a Remington NEW MODEL ARMY. Its perfect workmanship, down to the last detail, was all in following the old time art of weapons production. The firearms inside parts and outside is manufactured of alloyed tempered steel, 42Cr Mo4 according to DIN 17200, which is also used for highly stressed parts such as connecting rods, gear parts and gears. The cylinder was also made of alloyed tempered steel, 34CrMo4 according to DIN 17200, this material can be found in axles of motor vehicles. As a complete package, this revolver was designed for high volume usage and match accuracy, to this day the most sought after for competition. Indeed, a rare and unquestionable precision revolver here…brand new, priced at far less than market value- give us a call., http://www.santa-barbara-1858.org pp , s/n 145xx

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2019, 05:50:21 AM »
Yeah, I know...and the LGS didn't. LOL! (7&
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2019, 09:34:15 AM »
OK, gonna try to upload some pix here.
Yeah, yeah...I know. Funny looking Colt, right?
Still, all in all, really happy with this one. A pretty rare find in this day and age!

« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 09:41:45 AM by Captainkirk »

Offline ShotgunDave

• Global Moderator
  • Black Powder Syndicate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2019, 10:51:36 AM »
That's a real beauty Capt. It looks more nicely finished than your standard Uberti or Pietta.
"Never trust quotes from the internet"
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2019, 11:37:14 AM »
It is. Lock up like a Swiss vault.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2019, 08:16:14 PM »
OK, gonna try to upload some pix here.
Yeah, yeah...I know. Funny looking Colt, right?
Still, all in all, really happy with this one. A pretty rare find in this day and age!

Very nice! I have a Sile, which was made by ASP, and is notoiceably smaller than the Uberti or Pietta.

Offline LonesomePigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2019, 08:45:39 PM »
Sah-wheet! Nice score!