1858banner

Author Topic: My most recent addition to my collection  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Re: My most recent addition to my collection
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2019, 04:51:19 PM »

I prefer black but it's always been hard for me to get ever since the 70's. I started biting the bullet and getting some when I had my Sharps because Pyrodex didn't work well with it but now there's no bullets left to bite so once I use what I've got left I'll be back to Pyrodex.

Get some friends together and buy a case. yes you have to pay a $30.00 haz mat fee but you do not have to hang your headin embarrassment cuz you are using fake!    (7+"

I shoot Cartridge guns and Flint Locks a lot. Black is all that works very good in them. I have not tried using the fake stuff but a number of friend have and report the same to me.
[/quote]

First of all I have no friends that shoot bp. Second I'm on disability. It's hard enough just paying bills. Pyrodex works very well in most percussion guns and all cartridge guns. Most people that dis Pyrodex have never used it. It does not work well with flinters and Sharps paper cutters. I have used a lot of it since the 70's. It cleans just as easily as black, it is no more corrosive than black. I have let a revolver fired with Pyrodex sit for nine days with no signs of rust or corrosion. I frequently go two or three days without cleaning. It won't go bad if it's been opened and not used for several years. It's equal to Swiss in power.  Other than the looks and smell for all intents and purposes it's just as good as black. In fact it's the closest to real black than any of the subs.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline tljack

• View Profile
Re: My most recent addition to my collection
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2019, 08:05:03 PM »
I'd say if is working for you and you are content with it, shoot it!!  :)

I have been fortunate to always been able to get ample Black. Additionally as I mentioned I do shoot a lot of guns that do not function good with substitute.

I am with you that the Black we shoot nowadays is a lot different that the ole boys of the past used.

Keep having fun making smoke!
I Love the Smell of Burning Black in the Morning