1858banner

Poll

What is your skill level as it relates to BP firearms and shooting BP firearms?

Ignorant
0 (0%)
Interested
0 (0%)
Beginner
0 (0%)
Moderate
10 (66.7%)
Competent
5 (33.3%)
Expert
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: February 06, 2020, 04:56:56 AM

Author Topic: Skill level?  (Read 1241 times)

Online Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: Skill level?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2020, 08:44:57 PM »
You should know better than to hand me the jug, G. It's empty, for some reason. Must be a hole in it or sump'n.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2020, 07:11:16 PM »
Sometimes its ok to brag about your kids.  Sometimes.  Anyway, in addition to modern firearms my two boys each own a Pietta 1851 Navy and a Remington 5.5 apiece.  They can do shots with those pistols like what isnt even supposed to happen.  Consistent long shots that I would have to see to believe.  Five or six petal clover leaves in the black at 75 + yards, one hand unsupported and then swap out or reload and do it again.

Tonight I again acknowledged their ability with those (of which they are comfortably aware) and ask one of them if he considered himself an expert.  He looked at me sort of funny and said I would NEVER consider myself an expert.  How arrogant would that be?  

I said never mind, it was just a trick question and that he had given the correct answer.   
"A man cannot have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition".
                              -Rudyard Kipling

"Nietzsche is dead".
                              -  God

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2020, 08:42:38 PM »
An ex is a has been and a spurt is a drip under pressure. *6' *6' *6'
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Online mazo kid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2020, 06:33:26 PM »
"Black powder firearms and shooting black powder firearms." That covers a lot of territory! I guess I still will consider myself as "moderate" even though I do have several cap and ball, flintlock, and black powder cartridge rifles, revolvers, and pistols.

Offline DoubleDeuce1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2020, 10:47:45 PM »
Id like to think of myself as being competent.  Always room for improvement.  Over forty years of carrying,  instructing, shooting, handling and repairing many types of modern weapons,  I would consider myself close to being expert.  Again,  always room to improve.  Never,  ever a negligent discharge while I was instructing or otherwise.

For black powder weapons, about the same as above.

If still having all ten fingers and ten toes count for anything,  Im expert.   8)

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2020, 11:01:58 AM »
If still having all ten fingers and ten toes count for anything,  Im expert.   8)

I've got all ten fingers and toes but most of the fingers have been pinched, burned, cut, pierced and blistered and you haven't lived until you drop a hot sprue inside your sneaker with no socks on.  (7+"
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline DoubleDeuce1

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2020, 11:22:24 AM »
Hawg,
That just hurts to even think about....   J*j

Offline ShotgunDave

• Global Moderator
  • Black Powder Syndicate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2020, 01:01:37 PM »

I've got all ten fingers and toes but most of the fingers have been pinched, burned, cut, pierced and blistered and you haven't lived until you drop a hot sprue inside your sneaker with no socks on.  (7+"

I relate to this, 100%!!! But you left one out Hawg, can't forget smashed!  (7+" (7+"

And I haven't dropped hot sprue on my foot, but once I dropped hot slag from a cutting torch down my boot. I would imagine it had the same effect!
"Never trust quotes from the internet"
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2020, 01:49:04 PM »
True dat. You should see my arms from welding without gloves or long sleeves but I was trying to keep it bp gun related. (7+" M1 thumb feels really good too.  (7&

Offline Hewy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2020, 04:28:26 PM »
I don't know nuttin bout dat stuff.
Hewy
BETTER TO GETTIN than GETTIN GOT.

Offline DoubleDeuce1

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2020, 06:04:22 PM »
You boys must have really been dancing a hot footed jig !  Youre killing me ! (7+" &\?