1858banner

Author Topic: Picket Mould Out Of Production  (Read 558 times)

Offline scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Picket Mould Out Of Production
« on: January 10, 2020, 02:58:10 PM »
Took note that the Pedersoli Picket mould for the Walker has been discontinued. Another classic reproduction piece gone with the wind. I have cast and shot a lot of Pickets from this mould. It is the only projectile that I shoot in my Walker anymore. If you want one and see it for sale, grab it up. The price is only going to climb.

Offline LonesomePigeon

• View Profile
Re: Picket Mould Out Of Production
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 05:35:25 PM »
Old West Bullet Molds lists one. The bullet looks very authentic at 225 grains but the mold does not look like original Walker molds. I have never bought anything from them but I am tempted to get this one.

https://oldwestbulletmoulds.com/shop?olsPage=products%2F44-walker-revolver-original-design

If I recall the Pedersoli Pickett bullets are about 180 grains? Do you know the diameter? I think you are the only person I've heard of shooting them. How are they to load, are they easy? How accurate are they?

Offline scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 08:05:03 PM »
Yep pigeon, the Pickets weigh 180 grains. The diameter is .455/6. They load easy enough for me, but since they lack a heel, I reckon most folks will find them difficult to load and would give up on them in short order. They give me no trouble though. They are darn near as accurate as a round ball. I have shot a lot of them at this point. The only thing I have not gotten around to yet is shooting them at 75 and 100 yards. I just shot thirty of them a few days back and could ring a 6 inch gong consistantly from 25 yards.

I decided to use them just for the novelty. The Pedersoli mould is cool looking and fun to cast from and I get a kick out of loading the odd ball looking pills into the Walker chambers. And to top it off, I can hit pretty dang good with them.

Offline LonesomePigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 10:37:51 AM »
That's cool. I'd like to try some Pickett's sometime just to see what it's like in the historical sense. I do shoot conical Dragoon bullet's made from a Colt 2nd Gen mold in my 2nd Gen Dragoon. They are pretty accurate and make a big noise when they hit steel targets.

Offline scooby

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 05:39:13 PM »
Good on you for using the 2nd Gen mould to cast and shoot. I use 3 different Italian brass replica moulds in 31, 36, and 44 for a few of my revolvers. Next time I run some lead, I will cast you up a gross of Pickets and send them to you for your enjoyment.

Offline LonesomePigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 01:51:42 PM »
That would be awesome. I can do some Dragoon bullets for you too if you want.