colt banner

Author Topic: New Customer Holster Build....  (Read 111 times)

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
New Customer Holster Build....
« on: March 03, 2020, 06:45:47 PM »
Apologies up front for not being BP related.

I guess being around Tombstone quite a bit has it's benefits. I was visiting with a fine gentleman last week at the shop talking about holsters. He mentioned that he'd been looking for a "working cowboy" type holster for a "new to him" 4.75" Colt SAA. But, everything he found was tooled in some way and he wanted a plain one. So I explained that I could make him one easy enough and we did the deal for the style he wanted. I just finished it for him today. He purchased another holster of mine through the shop....and I explained that "custom orders" were $40 more.....he didn't flinch and paid me up front....it ended up being Bobby Carradine.

He called me a couple times wanting to know of I could get close to the color of an old rig he had back when he did a few cowboy movies. He's mailing me an autographed photo for the color match job. I had no idea who he was until he was ready to leave and wrote down his contact info for me. He's planning on doing some new western stuff soon.....I wish him the best.

.....at least I know now that there is still at least one gun toting, Trump voting conservative alive in Hollywood. That made me feel real good!

That's my old Birds Head in the holster.....

"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Re: New Customer Holster Build....
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 02:59:04 AM »
I like plain holsters too.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 04:55:58 AM »
Carradine used to live up here in Colorado,  in Telluride or Durango I think.    I never met him or sold a holster to any celebrities.   
For those that don't know...  Bobby Caradine played the oldest of the kids in the John Wayne movie  "The Cowboys"

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 07:43:36 AM »
Hi Mick, that's one fine looking holster! I have seen some movies where Tom Selleck's revolvers and rigs were used in Westerns.  Maybe we will soon see your holster in a new Western?

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline ShotgunDave

• Global Moderator
  • Black Powder Syndicate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 01:45:58 PM »
Simple and stylish. I like it!
"Never trust quotes from the internet"
-Abe Lincoln

Offline sourdough

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2020, 04:02:32 PM »
Carradine used to live up here in Colorado,  in Telluride or Durango I think.    I never met him or sold a holster to any celebrities.   
For those that don't know...  Bobby Caradine played the oldest of the kids in the John Wayne movie  "The Cowboys"

I have not seen that movie in a long while. I believe his nickname in the movie was "Slim".